northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Assorted Amorphous Threats

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't worry guys, we still have a snow storm at day 7 on the Euro. As long as we have that d7 spot filled, we have reason to waste away our lives watching the models with high anticipation in lieu of accepting the inevitable failure of the atmosphere to produce any excitement of the wintry variety in New England.

Nice meltdown!

don't worry guys, we still have a snow storm at day 7 on the Euro. As long as we have that d7 spot filled, we have reason to waste away our lives watching the models with high anticipation in lieu of accepting the inevitable failure of the atmosphere to produce any excitement of the wintry variety in New England.

Sounds like someone needs to sit a few plays out

LOL, what is the euro doing. It develops a third low just offshore..although airmass over everyone sucks. But, redevelops another one behind it as more energy reloads into the trough.

This is why nobody should believe anything beyond 96 hrs out. This is nuts..lol.

i think today's op runs in general underscore this point.

just that in this winter, with so many extended periods of unseasonable weather, folks are looking at "threats" beyond day 5 too often.

thu/fri "event" is only just now entering the point where it deserves some attention - and right now, doesn't look like it deserves that much. LOL.

I mentioned that in the pattern outlook thread. I do agree that's something to watch going forward, but then again..it was an 8-15 day window where it would be favorable.

I'm definitely interested in where this MJO wave takes us. the GEFS plume is incredible. Would be one of the strongest projections on record. I'd be curious to see whether the subtropical jet even kicks up a notch and offers up something interesting. The tropical forcing is definitely what the doctor ordered to shake things up a little, but let's see if it works.

I'm definitely interested in where this MJO wave takes us. the GEFS plume is incredible. Would be one of the strongest projections on record. I'd be curious to see whether the subtropical jet even kicks up a notch and offers up something interesting. The tropical forcing is definitely what the doctor ordered to shake things up a little, but let's see if it works.

I think the GEFS are too pumped up, but the idea of maybe going into p8 is there. I also mentioned in the other thread that I could see the ridge trying to get undercut, but then perhaps perking up again. All three ensembles did hint at this.

Snow is good snow..

I haven't seen it yet.. It now has a cutter into ORD?

No not that bad...lol

Just a whacky solution with fairly warm temps over us. It looks like the models want to wait until later next week to bring real winter in.

I mentioned in the long range thread...the signs are looking up but dead ratter winters find ways to screw us.

No not that bad...lol

Just a whacky solution with fairly warm temps over us. It looks like the models want to wait until later next week to bring real winter in.

I mentioned in the long range thread...the signs are looking up but dead ratter winters find ways to screw us.

My point is confirmed regarding the GFS..Don't look..don't use. wipe with it only

LOL, what is the euro doing. It develops a third low just offshore..although airmass over everyone sucks. But, redevelops another one behind it as more energy reloads into the trough.

This is why nobody should believe anything beyond 96 hrs out. This is nuts..lol.

Sure you're not looking at something from last winter by mistake?

No not that bad...lol

Just a whacky solution with fairly warm temps over us.  It looks like the models want to wait until later next week to bring real winter in.

Clock is ticking.At least at some point this "winter" will end and won't be able to screw us any more

Archived