• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday/Friday the 13th Clipper

burgertime

Congrats to everyone seeing snow even the token flakes. Like Robert it's been one year for me as well on the snow. Hopefully we can cash in sometime this winter with a big one. Oh and clearly I bring the mojo to the thread!

No snow here since 2010, RDU missed the Jan storm last year. Good chance RDU goes all of 2011 and 2012 without snow! Congrats to everyone seeing snow.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This flow across the region is the ideal setup for the Great Balsams to rake in on the snowfall. Storms break off the Cowee range and become enhanced by the time they reach the Great Balsams (Pkwy). Im hoping they might delay or call of work tomorrow and from what Im hearing around FB and Twitter, the roads are turning to ice, in a hurry.

Met1985, we have some followers via FB stating the same rates at a degree drop every 10min. Gonna make for some dicy backroads.

9.5F atop Wayah Bald Mountain in Macon County, NC (5469'). Winds at 16mph. Mighty cold. :shiver:

Ya just since i posted last it has dropped down to 23.9 degrees. Dropping fast! Ya we seemed to be tucked back into the mountains enough to get some of the banding but you go a quarter mile down and nothing at all. Ya there are a lot of water on the roads still puddles even. I think school will be called off tomorrow. Also wind is insane.

Ya just since i posted last it has dropped down to 23.9 degrees. Dropping fast! Ya we seemed to be tucked back into the mountains enough to get some of the banding but you go a quarter mile down and nothing at all. Ya there are a lot of water on the roads still puddles even. I think school will be called off tomorrow. Also wind is insane.

I work over at HCC and would love a delay to get some skiing in before work. Was able to do that on Tues (3rd) and Wed (4th).

I work over at HCC and would love a delay to get some skiing in before work. Was able to do that on Tues (3rd) and Wed (4th).

Lol ya went there to get my Associates degree! Ya they do well not to try to get people out in this dangerous stuff. I bet there will be a lot of black ice tomorrow morning probably already a lot of areas. My deck is a solid sheet of ice right now from the rain this evening. Will be trick travel in the morning.

Morning all!, 22.1° in Weaverville this am. still kinda breezy but nothing like last night. As local said above, N Buncombe is on a 2 hr delay. In the voice recording they made mention of bad road conditions about 2 miles N of my house. Not a flake on the ground here though.....so close yet so far.

Archived