• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly why I cringed in 09/10 at the whining, folks forget years like this quickly.

But you got buried at least once or more that year so I would say you're not better than us but just better situated geographically. Pike northward was totally tubed post NYD and we were on the northern fringe of the heavier snow in the DC crusher of December.

We complained last year in February. It's the nature of the human spirit.

What a miserable couple of days this has been.....folks up north can throw temper tantrums all they want, but I'd so much rather see systems whiff OTS, than deal with this cold, nasty rain.

It's been drizzling seemingly forever...it's cold\raw and the windows are incessantly fogging up...miserable.

Bring on the torch...I'm done with this season's "winter" bouts...which oscillate between cold, nasty rain and useless arctic cold.

ditto, this blows big chunks of crap

55 heading to 56 here now.

After this snowless cold shot (SNE) I see it being really warm through the end of the month with another cold shot around the last day - 2/1 perhaps.

I have no optimism for the forseeable future of a wintry pattern for Boston, Providence or Hartford. In the really long term beyond the 1st, who knows.

Because it's highly anomalous and interesting.

This 12z run may be in the top 5 of worst model runs of all time.

Yeah hideous.

The 6z GEFS are just incredible with the warmth signal. An absolute inferno.

Hopefully the euro ensembles aren't as disgusting, but as I said..it's really dicey for our area. NYC south...forget it. Maybe Joe gets his defense mechnism wish.

post in the LL thread

thread title? Its not that warm here anyway, clouds and rain. I do not get it.

In just discussing the run verbatim....it's an absolute blowtorch. Prolonged inferno. Hopefully the euro ensembles aren't as bad, but I can't find a reason to highly disagree with it. It has classic warm signals.

In just discussing the run verbatim....it's an absolute blowtorch. Prolonged inferno. Hopefully the euro ensembles aren't as bad, but I can't find a reason to highly disagree with it. It has classic warm signals.

Next week looks pretty wintry, staying on topic. Chances for snow and real cold what follows is fantasy land and suitable for the LL heat thread.

It's about as impressive as you can get. There is no doubt we're going to see a beyond hideous pattern. Let's hope it doesn't last too long.

Next week looks pretty wintry, staying on topic. Chances for snow and real cold what follows is fantasy land and suitable for the LL heat thread.

Next week looks like the 80s. Cold, rain and then cold again. The clipper could go north too, but it has a shot. If you're hoping and praying for that to work out...better start doing it.

I spelled the stuff out this morning. The EC was the only one hinting at possibly giving us overrunning in the 11-15 day, but it was an overall hideous pattern.

Again in general, with the bias filter goggles on, the GFS isn't "bad"....remember the big discussion/ripping I took about the cutter at 240-270 hours...still a cutter several days later (roughly) next week etc. Timing bounces around but the results are the same.

GFS to me is mainly a torch after this next shot eases, with some cutters or mixed bags like yesterday followed by cold shots. Questionable at the end of the month or early February. It looks like it's going to go warm but that's not a foregone conclusion.

If next week's clipper rolls up or north of us I think there's an excellent chance Boston does not record an inch this month in one event.

Next week looks like the 80s. Cold, rain and then cold again. The clipper could go north too, but it has a shot. If you're hoping and praying for that to work out...better start doing it.

I spelled the stuff out this morning. The EC was the only one hinting at possibly giving us overrunning in the 11-15 day, but it was an overall hideous pattern.

Once again after the cutter  it looks good ver****inbatim

Again in general, with the bias filter goggles on, the GFS isn't "bad"....remember the big discussion/ripping I took about the cutter at 240-270 hours...still a cutter several days later (roughly) next week etc.  Timing bounces around but the results are the same.

GFS to me is mainly a torch after this next shot eases, with some cutters or mixed bags like yesterday followed by cold shots.  Questionable at the end of the month or early February.  It looks like it's going to go warm but that's not a foregone conclusion.

If next week's clipper rolls up or north of us I think there's an excellent chance Boston does not record an inch this month in one event.

who cares

Archived