• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

Scary to think what those numbers will look like come end of month. Wow this arctic shot is moderating, okx had a forecast low of 8 for mon morning as of yesterday, today its 18, same story different day.

i don't think the cold shot has moderated much at all, if any. they may have adjusted their lows, but if anything, this shot has trended colder.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For records, you'll need a huge trough in the west and a +NAO. I'm not sure we'll see both.

Didn't seem to matter last Friday/Saturday when we had 50s and 60s across the region. There was a developing trough in the west by the end of the weekend, but the start of that period was pretty zonal.

Didn't seem to matter last Friday/Saturday when we had 50s and 60s across the region. There was a developing trough in the west by the end of the weekend, but the start of that period was pretty zonal.

were there any records actually in new england at the main climo sites? i know it was really mild but can't recall if anything was actually broken up here. mid-atlantic?

What a miserable couple of days this has been.....folks up north can throw temper tantrums all they want, but I'd so much rather see systems whiff OTS, than deal with this cold, nasty rain.

It's been drizzling seemingly forever...it's cold\raw and the windows are incessantly fogging up...miserable.

Bring on the torch...I'm done with this season's "winter" bouts...which oscillate between cold, nasty rain and useless arctic cold.

We'll have a little more ridging possible to our ne which may matter. Maybe notnear NYC..but the further north you are..the more it may matter.

were there any records actually in new england at the main climo sites? i know it was really mild but can't recall if anything was actually broken up here. mid-atlantic?

I don't think so other than BDR which was low hanging fruit at 55. I think maybe BDL and PVD got within a degree or tied. Not sure about the mid-Atlantic where it would probably take 70+ to start breaking records.

I don't think so other than BDR which was low hanging fruit at 55. I think maybe BDL and PVD got within a degree or tied. Not sure about the mid-Atlantic where it would probably take 70+ to start breaking records.

Pretty warm down in PVD today, with the early morning showers it almost felt like a early spring moring here. everyones getting sick due to the crazy temp changes here as well

The euro keeps trending colder in the low levels for saturday night through Monday am. Grown men crying for their mamas cold. Maybe even below freezing in Fairfield, Hawaii.

yeah that cold shot hasn't been "moderating". maybe there was some GFS run 300 hrs ago that had like a 480 CT or something...but in reality-ville it's been pretty steady if not cooler with time.

I think this is the first time I saw ridging in the DS area, since 10/29. Not kidding.

let's hope that continues to show up in the coming days and gets closer. if the weeklies 3 & 4 are sniffing it out and it's showing itself on the second half of the ensemble runs that's a good start.

it would probably be brutal for a lot of the nation, given the pacific look. but we could get by up here...we don't need big -3C 850 departures to have a decent run if we do start to see some blocking develop.

Cool.

That will probably be out period.....I mean, I'm not gonna finish with 6.5".

The weeklies have been lethal this season, so that is good.

It's a pretty ugly pattern, but we can still get in on some action since climo is pretty good for us right now. The only problem I see, our storms cutting to our west, but nothing we can do..except cross our weenies.

It's a pretty ugly pattern, but we can still get in on some action since climo is pretty good for us right now. The only problem I see, our storms cutting to our west, but nothing we can do..except cross our weenies.

As much as we complain....we need winters like this. Really refreshes perspective and eradicates all sense of entitlement.

Seasons like this make us weenies as much as ones like last year.

Archived