• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know im just a layman (and i didnt even stay at a holiday inn express last night) but i dont see any 'torches' in the next 10-15 days. granted i dont see dec. 1917 or feb 1934, but certainly no torches.

why is everyone so glum?

and even if it is 70 degrees on jan. 29. by definition that is still 'winter weather' enjoy it.

Truth be told the fact that we got more than a trace last night... point one (one tenth of an inch) means that we will now not have a trace for the month of january lol...oct snowstorm ruined everything down here :(

gonna be a miserable winter with the perception of more snow than there actually was due to that horrific event that ruined peoples homes and lives for week(s). Maybe March will throw us a bone but outside of north of rt2 i dont see much hope.

i know im just a layman (and i didnt even stay at a holiday inn express last night) but i dont see any 'torches' in the next 10-15 days. granted i dont see dec. 1917 or feb 1934, but certainly no torches.

why is everyone so glum?

and even if it is 70 degrees on jan. 29. by definition that is still 'winter weather' enjoy it.

we like snow

ok guys and gals, i think we have found a winter we can hope this one turns out like.... 1959-60! a la nina year too?

nov-feb was below normal in snowfall. then in march, most areas in eastern mass picked up over 30 inches.

actually that march was a snowy one for the entire eastern seaboard.

ok guys and gals, i think we have found a winter we can hope this one turns out like.... 1959-60! a la nina year too?

nov-feb was below normal in snowfall. then in march, most areas in eastern mass picked up over 30 inches.

actually that march was a snowy one for the entire eastern seaboard.

Year Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Tot

1959 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.6 5.5 10.2 2.3 22.3 T 0.0 0.0 40.9

Year Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Tot

1959 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.6 5.5 10.2 2.3 22.3 T 0.0 0.0 40.9

all below normal until march (except maybe november). im assuming that is boston. of course outside of the city and away from the water snow totals were higher that march.

anyway you slice it...the winter finished near normal in snowfall with 55% of the season's total coming in march.

keep hope alive!

The EC ensembles trended a little colder later next week and looks better for the Friday clipper or overrunning deal. We'll have to watch to see if the block can have enough influence to sneak the low more underneath us, as it tries to hint at right now. I think that might be the result of a transient NATL block. It's still a more congrats NNE deal right now..but it could look a little better as we get closer. That date has been o the radar screen.

So what happens after? Well the PV will park itself into the GOA. It will send a parade of storms I think across the US. The good news is that it may be far enough south, so that storms won't cut across srn Canada. They may cut across our heads, but we'll cross that bridge later. By late in the period, weak ridging along the ne coast of Canada and the wrn Davis Straits tries to develop. I mean, very weak..so who knows if it is believable right now. However, any little ridge up there will help send the gradient south.

It's really ugly as it is right now, so remember that..but just trying to dish out some good tidbits in this pattern. I mainly brought up that weak ridge as something to watch. It's very weak right now.

The EC ensembles trended a little colder later next week and looks better for the Friday clipper or overrunning deal. We'll have to watch to see if the block can have enough influence to sneak the low more underneath us, as it tries to hint at right now. I think that might be the result of a transient NATL block. It's still a more congrats NNE deal right now..but it could look a little better as we get closer. That date has been o the radar screen.

So what happens after? Well the PV will park itself into the GOA. It will send a parade of storms I think across the US. The good news is that it may be far enough south, so that storms won't cut across srn Canada. They may cut across our heads, but we'll cross that bridge later. By late in the period, weak ridging along the ne coast of Canada and the wrn Davis Straits tries to develop. I mean, very weak..so who knows if it is believable right now. However, any little ridge up there will help send the gradient south.

It's really ugly as it is right now, so remember that..but just trying to dish out some good tidbits in this pattern. I mainly brought up that weak ridge as something to watch. It's very weak right now.

Just one question please. Is the ridge weak you are talking about weak? :P

Temp anomalies across Canada:

EPO/WPO flip definitely did its job dumping the arctic cold into Canada on our side of the pole...unfortunately just too much of an RNA type toughing back into the GOA to really take advantage...and of course a -NAO could have helped make up for it, but we didn't have that. So we end up with a gradient pattern, but in the means, its more over the US/Canada border...and then once the vortex gets repositioned back over AK, we are back to square one. Hopefully the tedious -NAO that the Euro ensembles show at the end of their run is correct.

Maybe we can sneak a couple events underneath us though. Even in a warm pattern with some slight blocking in the Davis straight, we can generate some winter events. So that is probably our one hope after the AK vortex comes back.

Archived