• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow?

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol that means big february

For those on the 1950 train perhaps. This January did not behave like many La Nina ones past such as 1997, 1999 or 2000 where we went cold only to torch again in February so perhaps we can hold out hope we'll go more 1989ish where February and March go cold, but I'm not holding out much hope.

The Euro means in the extended has gotten about as ugly as imaginable - worse than the month preceding when you all were crying. It's Auschwitzian hell with the EPO ridge receded clear to Siberia, the PV retrgrading to near Alaska, and positive geopotential anomalies blossoming up the EC.

That's ...just an exotically early spring if that happens. We'll see.

The Euro means in the extended has gotten about as ugly as imaginable - worse than the month preceding when you all were crying. It's Auschwitzian hell with the EPO ridge receded clear to Siberia, the PV retrgrading to near Alaska, and positive geopotential anomalies blossoming up the EC.

sounds like JAN 90', but without the cold late NOV-DEC 89'

Convceivably, it could not be any worse sans a comet impact in the west atlantic. It can't actually get more favorable for warmth.

For those worrying about spring, JMHO but have no fear. Between SST's at +7 or so and the total lack of snowcover in the lower 48 in the next week or so....increasing sun, lack of reflection, torch pattern....it's hard to get a backdoor cold front with temps in the 30s when the ocean is still in the mid 40s and may actually warm at the end of the month.

Could be the type of spring where we touch 80s in March.

Give it up Scoot.. Give it up. It's over

It was a joke.

I told you the next 10 days looked iffy with the BS clipper and what not. We'll see what Feb brings. If 3-6 is in the forecast, you'll be out fully nude. If you just approach it with a take what we can get, than you'll be fine.

Oh the possibilities here :whistle:

:facepalm:

Exactly why I cringed in 09/10 at the whining, folks forget years like this quickly.

I'd rather a year like this, than one in which a fat whore of a PV is sitting and spinning on my face, while her smokeshow daughters bang the rest of the neighborhood.

Sorry, dude.

No fooking way...you are nuts.

I don't really care whether you or anyone else agrees.....I was more frustrated in Feb 2010, than I am this season.

I know I have no chance and am at peace with it....just build up the karma bank.....and at least it blows for everyone. I don't have to look at pics of DC under 4' of snow, nor pics of socks in Dobbs ferry spiking the football. No Logan11 with 50" snowfalls, either.

That winter was the epitomy of frustration for me....not this one.

Not nearly as frustrating and alot of nice weather.

PS: I almost died in between KU fails.

I don't really care whether you or anyone else agrees.....I was more frustrated in Feb 2010, than I am this season.

I know I have no chance and am at peace with it....just build up the karma bank.....and at least it blows for everyone. I don't have to look at pics of DC under 4' of snow, nor pics of socks in Dobbs ferry spiking the football. No Logan11 with 50" snowfalls, either.

That winter was the epitomy of frustration for me....not this one.

Not nearly as frustrating and alot of nice weather.

PS: I almost died in between KU fails.

I know..to each his own, but this is beyond ridiculous. There is no comparison right now. I would take that winter in a heart beat...I mean you don't have to ask.

Obviously the accident didn't help..I get that.

I know..to each his own, but this is beyond ridiculous. There is no comparison right now. I would take that winter in a heart beat...I mean you don't have to ask.

Fair enough.

I'd rather be waaaay below normal with relatively minimal dramatic frustration, than below normal by way of the most frustrating stretch imaginable.

I may never live through the like of that again....with any luck.

This winter fooking sucks, period. Any Met or professional that tries to pretend it's no big deal or doesn't mind it, is full of sh*t.

Oh, it sucks....I don't enjoy it, but I just don't find it as frustrating as that season.....it's so overtly horrific that it's not as frustrating.

It's akin to finding a 1-0 loss more dramatic and frustrating than a 12-1 defeat.

Yeah I shot right down ROute 2 from 91 in Windsor and saw the exit for Moosup and thought of you and your afro blowing in the wind across the green/brown landscape

I mean't work which is near Norwich. I am 15 miles from Rt 2 in Moosup, you need to go up to exit 91 on 395 to be in my hood. I saw a flash in the West sky, must have been your baldie reflecting the midday sun.

Fair enough.

I'd rather be waaaay below normal with relatively minimal dramatic frustration, than below normal by way of the most frustrating stretch imaginable.

I may never live through the like of that again....with any luck.

That's what I said in 2001-02. I figured wtf...I'm 55...I'll be dead. And I didn't think I'd be dead by 65!

I remember Steve talking about extreme -nao's and how he would take that any day over not having blocking, and he was right, we all have our ways of coping, but this is gut wrenching if you live for snow like most of us do, absolutely gut wrenching.

It is what it is, at least in 09/10 we were tracking stuff, I know North of me was real bad and I sympathized. This total non chance winter is by far worse than 09/10 for me personally. If I get no snow this week I am certain I finish back to back months skunked, never happened to me ever, even when I was living in the SW RI snow hole.

It is what it is, at least in 09/10 we were tracking stuff, I know North of me was real bad and I sympathized. This total non chance winter is by far worse than 09/10 for me personally. If I get no snow this week I am certain I finish back to back months skunked, never happened to me ever, even when I was living in the SW RI snow hole.

Steve, which loss was worse for you....last season's ALDS, or the 2004 ALCS....

Archived