joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9/2012 snow event

Ian

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the weenie event of weenie events.

The NAM throws very gentle precipitation toward the Balto-DC corridor and this begins

around 0Z Tuesday and ends by or before 06Z. All this via the deep moisture on the 700 mb charts.

High Monday near 48 and low at night perhaps 34, and this, long after the moisture shuts off.

Not sure why LWX is calling for a trace of rain Monday morning; neither the RUC nor any other model is depicting morning rain further north than southern Virginia.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

A broken clock is right twice a day, i highly doubt tomorrow is the time it is right.

I looked a little closer at the gfs soundings and it could support very wet snow at 30 hrs. A wetbulb temp of 34 or 35. It wouldn't stick but seeing some snow flakes isn't out of the question. It's still probably a light rain event

The forcing is weak and the temps really marginal so it looks like rain but if the precip did get a little heavier some mangled flakes could mix in. If there was real potential Matt would be posting.

I only created the thread to get it out of the other thread. I've never been 'big' on it.

Archived