joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Heart of Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, sub-freezing here in Hanover, NH and it's raining.

Looks to be about the same up at home from what I can tell.

We have light rain and 32F here in Oford, trees and other objects are getting iced up. Noticed NWS has now extended advisory for Southern Grafton. Reports from a friend that just left that roads are iffy and interstate 91 is bad.

We have light rain and 32F here in Oford, trees and other objects are getting iced up. Noticed NWS has now extended advisory for Southern Grafton. Reports from a friend that just left that roads are iffy and interstate 91 is bad.

Thanks man--just about to head home. Drive fast, take chances! ;)

Well that was a much nicer run than I thought it would be when it was 29 and raining earlier. First half it was mostly snow with a bit of sleet mixed in. The second half it was more sleet than anything else. At the end it was sleet/ lt rain - i think.

Well that was a much nicer run than I thought it would be when it was 29 and raining earlier. First half it was mostly snow with a bit of sleet mixed in. The second half it was more sleet than anything else. At the end it was sleet/ lt rain - i think.

Yeah same here. Ended up looking more wintery out the than when it started. I'll take that as a win lol. Snow didn't even shake off the trees so it still looks sweet outside. I was afraid we'd go back to looking like a thaw-freeze pattern and lose that fresh snow look.

Event totals: 0.4” Snow/0.14” L.E.

It looks like we picked up some frozen precipitation at the house today, as there were a couple tenths of an inch of slush on the snowboard this evening. The slush contained 0.05” of liquid and the rain/snow gauge contained 0.13” of liquid.

Some details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations are below:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: 0.05 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 4.0

Snow Density: 25.0% H2O

Temperature: 33.1 F

Sky: Cloudy/Mist

Snow at the stake: 8.5 inches

This wind is pretty gusty all the sudden here, windows rattling.

Massena, NY is getting rocked,

So are the Adirondacks. SLK now gusting over 45mph. Mansfield meso-west station is over 65mph up high.

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING/...

AS OF 1148 PM EST TUESDAY...QUICK UPDATE- BASED ON STRENGTH OF

WINDS - INCLUDING GUST TO 57 KTS AT POTSDAM NEW YORK

AIRPORT...HAVE UPGRADED TO A HIGH WIND WARNING ACROSS THE NRN

ADIRONDACKS...AND EXPANDED WIND ADVISORY ACROSS REMAINING ZONES IN

VERMONT. IT APPEARS THE HIGHEST WINDS ACROSS NRN NY - UP TO 65 MPH

- WILL OCCUR NEXT 2-4 HRS...AND SCATTERED TO WIDESPREAD POWER

OUTAGES CAN BE EXPECTED FOR THE ST. LAWRENCE VALLEY AND NRN

ADIRONDACKS OVERNIGHT. ISOLD/SCT POWER OUTAGES ALSO POSSIBLE

ACROSS VERMONT WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH EXPECTED.

Well, found some icey roads on my way home last night. Temps were right at 32 or 33 depending on where I was driving through. Came home to a temp of 32 and things glazed up a little bit but not bad. Had some barely freezing drizzle for a while last night and then at some point overnight, the temp spiked up to 36. Back down in the upper 20s now and the wind woke me up this morning, ha-ha. It looks like there was a sleety accumulation here sometime yesterday too.

Some fluff tomorrow night?

Local radio forecaster Roger Hill said that the Mt. Mansfield site reported an 80mph gust before cutting out.

Absolutely ripping up there last night. Max gust recorded looks like 80mph but plenty of 60-70mph+ stuff in there, too.

80mph is pretty windy even at 4,000ft. Last winter we saw a SW gust of 103mph in December but this is tops so far this winter.

7:45 UTC (not sure why it says AM) was the 80mph gust.

129.3 mph gust for MWN... very nice.

I wish they'd build a standard construction house and drop in some trees on top of the observatory deck.... would make the webcam more interesting. Curious how much of the house would be left by spring.

I love this idea. Now who can we talk to to make it happen?

It's windy in AUG, but nothing special (yet.)

Yesterday's little event was kind of a trifecta. Light fluffy snow 8-noon (1.0", 0.07" LE), sleety snow mess 5-9P (0.5", 0.13" LE), then 0.04" zr 9P to about 1A. Temp never passed 30, unless it briefly bumped up this morning after I left for work. Last night's commute was routine, tho slow; this morning's had a few icy spots in AUG.

06z gfs has 0.3"+ qpf for this area, and GYX is thinking nice 15:1 stuff, which would make for advisory level snow. Nice if it happens.

It's windy in AUG, but nothing special (yet.)

Yesterday's little event was kind of a trifecta. Light fluffy snow 8-noon (1.0", 0.07" LE), sleety snow mess 5-9P (0.5", 0.13" LE), then 0.04" zr 9P to about 1A. Temp never passed 30, unless it briefly bumped up this morning after I left for work. Last night's commute was routine, tho slow; this morning's had a few icy spots in AUG.

06z gfs has 0.3"+ qpf for this area, and GYX is thinking nice 15:1 stuff, which would make for advisory level snow. Nice if it happens.

Winds here as well have been nothing to write home about, Someone i think can pull 3-5" out of the thurs night fropa with a little enhancement and some higher ratios, Saturdays event is not looking very promising attm

Archived