• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 23rd light snow potential

ORH_wxman

it would start wet, flip to snow, then actually taper to drizzle by the looks of it. before new snow showers/flurries developed overnight. we'll see. NAM is by far the coldest product i've scene. i'd love for that to verify but i'm not on board yet.

what we tend to see with these southern streamers is they are juicier, warmer, faster and end up further north. maybe this bucks the trend with the placement of the HP to the NNW instead of NNE...who knows.

fingers crossed i guess.

I think that's a good description of what might happen. Maybe something like mid to upper 30s for high, then temps drop towards nightfall.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a good description of what might happen. Maybe something like mid to upper 30s for high, then temps drop towards nightfall.

yeah i was just looking at the NAM more closely and that's pretty much what it does.

it actually has "a lot" of lift in the low levels friday night along the coast up into BOS...even actually most of the day saturday out here.

It might get moneypitmike's qpf fetish going, lol.

I know noone has agreed with me but i don't think this has any room to come north and never did ..the south trend seems real based on the cold push from the north. That being said I'd bet we see a levelling off soon as that SE ridge won't let this come too far south.

Ironically, I actually was looking at things other than the qpf maps the last two days and saying "things don't look good here" and that it would be tough to get it north.

We'll see.....

Hence why I said no matter what it does. It shouldn't be used or factored in by anyone making a forecast. We are better off as a met community without it.

It's guidance like anything else. Part of the reason why you shouldn't throw all your eggs in one basket with this. We know what the biases are.

Archived