northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only positive thing I can find in the extended...though note the skill as to which the GFS ensembles predict it (gets worse the farther out). But in light of the other indices being terrible...you have to try to find some glimmer of good. That's about all I got.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the stuff you post soooooo much. You almost always have something very helpful and interesting to view/discuss. Thanks!

Like Baroclinic mentioned above, it seems like we might be moving into a pattern where the northern jet is dipping just far enough south to allow some alberta clippers to move through...the 18Z GFS has about three snow opportunities for many in the midwest within the next week! So things are looking a little more positive.

Preparing for the blizzard of Dec '11 tonight .5 to 1" expected with little to no wind. Things might get a little out of hand here, well atleast on the drinking end of things I'll update later after the neighborhood Chirstmas party. Almost started a thread for the Dec. 16th I crapped in my pants storm.

It's like snowmaggedon 2011 out here. Make like Mel Lastman and call in the Canadian Forces!

I'm down here huddled in the basement with my cat, heavy band about to impact. God speed, Waterloo... god speed...

http://www.weatherof...x_e.html?id=WSO

omg, i think i saw a 30dbz in there!!! call in the mounties...hope you stock piled bread and TP!

I never have been on the weather forums when the lack of snow caused such posting. We need a storm now mother stupid. A storm to purify the souls of all these downtrodden weather weenies. Even a 2-4 inch clipper would do.

:huh: did you just try to curse? how cute...well, for now, all we have is this: :snowing::snowwindow::mapsnow:

I am pretty sure he didn't mean it like that. He is a classic pessimist. Poor choice of wording on his part though. We love you Diane :)

oh...well whatever...it was cute anyway...btw, i'm also crusading for you to join FB...

someone in this subforum will see snow next week, while i will be the same lows 50's and rain...

Sounds like things are getting kinda crazy out in SE MN - almost 2" of snow! :snowman:

Clipper band trajectory looks good for areas SE to Janesville to Waukegan and northern Suburbs of Chicago.

I never thought I'd get so excited about an inch of snow forecasted. lol

lol. Yeah, no hard feelings, just waiting patiently for the first synoptic event to follow. Even the December 2006 period had the big storm that went close to Chicago even though the operationals took forever to get there. Outside the cutoff slop, very little to follow so far.

We need a Christmas miracle.

my brain just assumed you meant mother fooker...oh well, i guess i'm a little on the vulgar side...well i'll salute someones half inch while i'm watching it rain...

Sounds like things are getting kinda crazy out in SE MN - almost 2" of snow!

Clipper band trajectory looks good for areas SE to Janesville to Waukegan and northern Suburbs of Chicago.

I never thought I'd get so excited about an inch of snow forecasted. lol

:wub:

My first greater than dusting snow of the year!! :snowman:

Just in time for coming home, can't wait!!

Wow! :thumbsup:

NWS ARX:

.NOW...

THROUGH 11 PM...LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP FROM WEST TO

EAST WITH A BAND OF HEAVIER SNOW FALLING FROM ROCHESTER EAST

SOUTHEAST TOWARD BOSCOBEL. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL RANGE FROM A

QUARTER OF AN INCH TO AROUND AN INCH ACROSS MUCH OF THE

REGION...THOUGH SOME HIGHER AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES WILL BE

POSSIBLE UNDER THE NARROW HEAVY SNOW BAND. THIS SNOW IS

ACCUMULATING ON ROADS AND HAS CAUSED HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

Archived