amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Light at the end of the tunnel? Not so much.

Needless to say things have gotten a little worse since we thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.

I hate knee jerk reactions, but I'd say we're hard pressed to get any real changes before mid month January. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but man this pattern going forward blows. Oh well, more time to relive the past for myself. As per Ottawa Blizzard's request, 1993-94 is up next.

Nice, the clouds here look a bit menacing too as the cloud base drops below 1000 ft.

Winter is coming back, down to 36 °F on top of the met building.

Yeah, definitely feels a lot cooler than it did last night. Already dropped 20 degrees since midnight. Getting some pretty strong northwest winds too. The little sleet shower is over with. Got our quota of wintry precip for the week. laugh.png

Halfway through the month and considering what the long range looks like, there would appear to be a decent shot at December finishing less snowy than November for LAF. Per Tim's research, there have been 16 years that had more November snow than December snow.

1911, 1912, 1921, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1952, 1955, 1959, 1966, 1968, 1971, 1979, 1980, 1991, 1997

I swear you've been the one being the silliest about all this...

Am I mistaken or are you a Florida transplant? Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else, but I remember someone with a similar login from Florida making a big deal about hitting the mid 30's occasionally at night. If not.. oh well.

MLI tied a record high for today just after midnight.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL

615 AM CST THU DEC 15 2011

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT MOLINE IL...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 57 DEGREES WAS SET AT MOLINE IL TODAY.

THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 57 LAST SET IN 1959.

Archived