• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

Watching the local news this morning is so nauseating as the anchor and weather "person" claim how great it is that it's going to be a warm and sunny Christmas. I guess we're in the minority for yearning for snow and cold. :lol:

We're definitely in the minority when it comes to wishing on snowstorms for our backyard. I sometimes have to remind myself how weird it is that I'm rooting for something to occur that 90% of the population loathes.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you. I know looking at the models med range is like being hooked on crack for us weenies, so I applaud your fortitude. I was going to do the same but that damn Tuesday storm sucked me back in, like you said. Weak will.

You still have hope for this winter...which is a good thing, optimism. I admire that. I'm just hoping for a fluke or two for here the rest of the way.

Probably the same person who just loves cool downs in the summer...

We'll I agree with that sentiment...but I think I'm in the minority on that one too. :D

We're definitely in the minority when it comes to wishing on snowstorms for our backyard. I sometimes have to remind myself how weird it is that I'm rooting for something to occur that 90% of the population loathes.

Yep. My co-workers are very anti-winter and we were having this discussion the other day...how "great" this December has been. I politely disagreed and bit my tongue. :arrowhead:

Watching the local news this morning is so nauseating as the anchor and weather "person" claim how great it is that it's going to be a warm and sunny Christmas. I guess we're in the minority for yearning for snow and cold. :lol:

I heard the background rubbage of last nights news. interviewing both sides of the spectrum... winter lovers and those business dependent on it bitching about lack of snow and cold, while the warminista's heating palm tree's and home thermostats set at 72 are loving it along with those that have to pay for the workers that remove the white.

If there is any justice another summer of 2009 is in the cards.. warminista's had the last two.

I heard the background rubbage of last nights news. interviewing both sides of the spectrum... winter lovers and those business dependent on it bitching about lack of snow and cold, while the warminista's heating palm tree's and home thermostats set at 72 are loving it along with those that have to pay for the workers that remove the white.

It's one sided here, as the winter industry is a non-factor in the tropics. The one comment that really made me laugh this morning, was the anchor who said he couldn't believe it's going to be 45 tomorrow on Christmas Day...in Indiana. I lol'ed. How short memories are and how stupid people are in their weather knowledge. Alas, time to live it up for the warmwantistas after their world was turned upside down last winter.

even "up" here we're far from immune to 45+ on Christmas and I can't remember any snow event worth remembering on that day in a long time. Transplanted news goons and the locals with no life in winter that love looking at brown dog turd infested grass and 40's and 50's when they let their dog out in dec are just lapping this **** up following the torched fall.

I will be praying hard this pattern breaks to some serious arctic air that the past few winters have lacked even if it means the storm track is far away from here.

If that don't work I know mr tropical in saukville is almost guaranteed to be miserable in spring many of times when the warm front fails or we have a nice upper 40's or low 50's lake breeze in may while daddy in La Crosse has 18" high tomato plants already.

We'll I agree with that sentiment...but I think I'm in the minority on that one too. :D

Yep. My co-workers are very anti-winter and we were having this discussion the other day...how "great" this December has been. I politely disagreed and bit my tongue. :arrowhead:

I agree that we are in the minority (though I do know some who absolutely love snow, not from a weather fan perspective, they just flat out love snow, my mom being one of them). I will say though, for Christmas, the majority WANT snow. If I hear one more time "I want it to snow on Christmas Eve and Day and thats it..."

FXUS63 KARX 242047

AFDARX

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LA CROSSE WI

247 PM CST SAT DEC 24 2011

.SHORT TERM...TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY

247 PM CST SAT DEC 24 2011

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS WHEN ALL THROUGH THE UPPER

MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY...A TROUGH WAS STIRRING THAT WILL BRING

CLOUDS TO COVER THE GALLEY.

SPLIT UPPER LEVEL FLOW WILL KEEP THE REGION DRY THROUGH THE

HOLIDAY WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK WITH ABOVE NORMAL