Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to admit though that, in an average winter, Ottawa and Montreal are the cities to be in! I will so miss Ottawa this winter once an average winter pattern kicks in!

for a "major" city in North America...NOTHING beats Quebec City for Winters I think its even better then Buffalo possibly

Ya really, will be weird topping out in the mid-upper 50's tomorrow night....in middle December.

Jan 6/7/8 2008 - 63 degrees on the 7th and plow trucks out pushing water off the roads because of snow blocked sewers.. Still got 50"+ after jan but I'm not seeing much to give us that kinna winter hope - not like that kind of winter will ever happen in my lifetime living in Milwacky anyways. Hitting avg yet this winter would be awesome tho.

Looks like the 0z GFS is a carryover from the suppressed 18z solution. Hard to know whether it's just playing into its bias or whether it is perhaps a legit solution.

As BI mentioned earlier with the split flow and cutoff ejecting out of the Southwest, it would be best not to latch onto any solution at this point.

GFS has definitely trended toward the other globals today. Not surprising as that's usually the case in this range. Last week the GFS was showing tonight's storm much further south than the Euro and GEM were. It eventually caught on and trended in the right direction. For the most part the Euro and GEM have been on the early week system for a few days. Cold air is marginal, but there looks to be enough that if things work out we may still get a narrow band of accumulating snows.

GFS has definitely trended toward the other globals today. Not surprising as that's usually the case in this range. Last week the GFS was showing tonight's storm much further south than the Euro and GEM were. It eventually caught on and trended in the right direction. For the most part the Euro and GEM have been on the early week system for a few days. Cold air is marginal, but there looks to be enough that if things work out we may still get a narrow band of accumulating snows.

I'm sure you will see the 0z GEM shortly...

Definitely not suppressed lol. If the Euro trends that way it will be disappointing, yet not too surprising.

Not what I wanted to see! At this point I'll believe more what the Euro dishes out.

Brett Anderson just posted the continent's weather outlook through the week of Jan 2nd - 8th. A shift toward a more normal winter pattern..

http://www.accuweath...-forecast/59016

Yeah, all we'll have left to chat about is the Euro which will congrats MSP, then the GFS will slowly correct and join the Euro. Don't be surprised if that happens again.

tongue.png

And this was before I saw the 0z GEM. Sometimes you have to go out on a limb, even though it wouldn't necessarily make sense that the GFS and Euro would swap solutions within a day about a week out, it can happen.

Archived