• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Weekend storm - Grasping for straws

Ian

Is there anything better than seeing snow falling outside your window as the Euro serves up a SECS?

getting 5"+ this weekend would do it maybe. ;)

still too soon to go overboard but this is great news... ppl may have declared victory on no snow too quickly

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

getting 5"+ this weekend would do it maybe. ;)

still too soon to go overboard but this is great news... ppl may have declared victory on no snow too quickly

Still 60+ hours out so time for a few more minor adjustments. It seems to me the upper levels have shown a better scenario for a while now, but the surface was lagging behind.

Still 60+ hours out so time for a few more minor adjustments. It seems to me the upper levels have shown a better scenario for a while now, but the surface was lagging behind.

tricky set up... i've waffled a lot even if still hoping for a better scenario. signs are clearly there but next run could have enough small shifts to screw it up. right now the 500 maps look pretty good across the board to me.

As I stated in an earlier post, we need the polar vortex to retrograde and phase in earlier so as to capture this storm further to the southwest and then bring it up. As of now we are screwed and SNE is looking good. As the Euro seems to have led the way over the last 12 hours, it would be great to see a significant westward trend on today's 12Z Euro compared to last night's Euro.

MDstorm

That.

:snowman:

MDstorm

tombo's map shows us with more like .75 to 1.00 :huh:

.5 line looks just west of dc/balt then northeast (you're to right of it)... 1" covers all md east of the bay and de... pretty tight gradient, saw numbers quoted around .7" for dc/balt .. .25" back to west of the blue ridge

Duh. But it feels great when you guess correctly! :D

im just surprised hwo well the euro weeklies showed this retrograding block potential.. i think it's happening a smidge faster than progged but still a good show

Archived