CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cm? :lol: Have you been falling short of that average recently with the big NAO blocks the last couple winters?

yeah we've been below avg since 07-08.

of course that year we way above normal.

i wouldnt trade 07-08 for anything though, i knew i would have to take my medicine at some point, just didnt think it would be right away. :lol:

to be honest the last 2 winters have been pretty much nonexistent here and in fact across much of canada (maybe save the maritimes?) thanks to big blocks. we can do ok with blocks, just the last couple years were kinda crazy. last year was a close call though, Northern VT got hit hard in the second half of winter.

Started as ra/ip mix at 36-37F. Now all sn at 33.1F and falling. Snow starting to coat the cars / deck and grassy areas.

Nice, looks like you and Hubbdave were far enough north to get a period of snow. Think I ended up about 8-10 miles too far south to flip for a period. But I'm keeping an eye on the street light for another half hour or so when its still feasible to flip.

You can def see the radar having a snow texture in the northern third of ORH county.

Nice, looks like you and Hubbdave were far enough north to get a period of snow. Think I ended up about 8-10 miles too far south to flip for a period. But I'm keeping an eye on the street light for another half hour or so when its still feasible to flip.

You can def see the radar having a snow texture in the northern third of ORH county.

Good call earlier, it's ripping good here. Temp down to 32.8F, a solid .25" on the deck and a slushy coating on the driveway. Hopefully it can crank down there enough to flip.

:weenie: :weenie:

So the Rte 2 corridor did get a front end thump then..... Too bad its all been garbage out here, but an interesting event anyway for very early in the season.

Close to an inch of glop on the ground I'd guess. Last hour its gone back to just a pure moderate+ freezing rain, now at 31F.

I might go for a quick spin north and see how close the R/S line is. I wonder if its snowing even 5 miles away in northern Holden.

So the Rte 2 corridor did get a front end thump then..... Too bad its all been garbage out here, but an interesting event anyway for very early in the season.

Close to an inch of glop on the ground I'd guess. Last hour its gone back to just a pure moderate+ freezing rain, now at 31F.

Good call, Rick! I was surprised to be awakened by the plow. I'm guesstimating we got about 3" before the compacting of the mix we have now. Any thoughts on whether this will switch back over or will it just be flurries?

32.4/31

Glass is always half full..should never , ever be half empty

Sometime late morning to noonish..Might even flip here..37.7 with well over an inch of rain

If it does that, I guess even if there's not much it will still stick to the snow/sleet that will already be on the ground.

Meanwhile, I think the chimney guys will not be working on the roof today, FTL. They still have the balloons in the chimney's and currently have the furnace venting through a temporary chimney (read: a metal tube) running out a basement window. Suspect they won't be able to take care of those things in the weather and will instead be doing indoor masonry work. Guess the Pit will looke something like a Dr. Seuss house for out TG visitors. Oh, well.

Archived