• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

Well at least if I go until Dec 31 without another flake, I'll still be at climo. :lol:

I think we'll have a shot at an event in early December though with that +PNA...even if its just a clipper.

I hope, but I fear these SWFE having more mild solutions..especially here. I'm hoping for that ridge too..but that trough in the sw and +nao look like a killer. Obviously the odds of you seeing something more in the way of frozen are much higher.

It wouldn't take much ridging to make it more interesting so that's what I'm hoping for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least if I go until Dec 31 without another flake, I'll still be at climo. :lol:

I think we'll have a shot at an event in early December though with that +PNA...even if its just a clipper.

It doesn't need to be hella cold for snow, but without blocking and a good storm, we will only be getting "meh" events...

What are those enhanced echoes west of ORH? It looks like it could be terrain stuff, but it doesn't seem to line up properly with the terrain.

Its probably bright banding with melting mangled flakes and maybe some pellets. We've had some pellets here too. I don't think its terrain enhanced.

This event would have been awesome if it was 2-3 weeks later.

Its probably bright banding with melting mangled flakes and maybe some pellets. We've had some pellets here too. I don't think its terrain enhanced.

This event would have been awesome if it was 2-3 weeks later.

That's what I thought, but some of those features are stationary..almost looks like terrain, but it doesn't quite make sense. Eh, interesting anyways.

Probably would have been a good deal of ip/zr for you too.

Now it is legit snowing. Not weenie flakes. Big, fat wet ones mixed with rain. Sort of like you would see in April.

Almost went to bed. Glad I stayed up

The RUC shows about a 1-2 hour period here where we might be able to fight the warming MLs with dynamic cooling and intense lift. If we can generate enough omega, it might rip up there for like an hour...its close...so it might not get any better than it is right now either.

That's what I thought, but some of those features are stationary..almost looks like terrain, but it doesn't quite make sense. Eh, interesting anyways.

Probably would have been a good deal of ip/zr for you too.

Its possible there could be some terrain stuff going on..maybe its a bit of both.

Yeah 2 weeks from now it would prob be a nice front thump and then I'd rip pellets and get a 29F ice storm while Kevin got 2-3" and then a 34F rain.

The RUC shows about a 1-2 hour period here where we might be able to fight the warming MLs with dynamic cooling and intense lift. If we can generate enough omega, it might rip up there for like an hour...its close...so it might not get any better than it is right now either.

Sort of showing on Wachusett cam...

post-270-0-75632500-1322021708.jpg

Are you snowing Will??

I don't see any flakes in the street light. Maybe there is some catpaws I can't see. I probably only have about an hour left to get any snow...if the really good lift can get in here in time...maybe I'll flip for a brief period but not holding out much hope.

Archived