northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part V

Chicago Storm

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I left Sarnia ON - Port Huron MI, there was heavy snow falling, but it wasn't really sticking to the ground. When I got past London on the 401 an hour northeast of Sarnia I hit rain. It rained until I hit Kitchener, which is an hour northeast of London, where suddenly it was like a curtain of white. Just got in and there is already 10cm on the ground and it's still coming down. :weight_lift:

....just ate a whiplash whopper too :scooter:

Just under an inch. Dry pocket issues for parts of this afternoon.

C'mon dude, you really think the LES is going to get down here?

In some form, yes. I think radar trends upstream are getting a little better and some of that snow in northern IL should eventually swing this way. Again I'd lean toward the lower end for us but I don't think the event is "over."

Yeah, so real they have a freaking cinematic like production with cut scenes and glowing looking parts and Shadows in the wrong place.

like I said in nearly in case like this there would be at least 5-10 min of footage afterward from one camera angle, guess fox had the producers on site.

They played it during half time of today's game.

It's real.

They played it during half time of today's game.

It's real.

then Fox Deserves an award for having camera men and producers in place when this happened that is amazing in itself, also amazing that only a few seconds of there footage is released. If they release more real looking longer footage then that is fine.

with todays technology they could of have been there seen it happen and re-create it within minutes.

Yeah, so real they have a freaking cinematic like production with cut scenes and glowing looking parts and Shadows in the wrong place.

like I said in nearly in case like this there would be at least 5-10 min of footage afterward from one camera angle, guess fox had the producers on site.

There was supposed to be a game there today originally so they probably had everything set up. There was a concern also about the roof failing and if there were signs that it was going to happen they may have been ready for it.

In some form, yes. I think radar trends upstream are getting a little better and some of that snow in northern IL should eventually swing this way. Again I'd lean toward the lower end for us but I don't think the event is "over."

Meh, we'll see. The dry pocket over LAF for most of the afternoon sucked a lot of the life out of me for some reason. arrowheadsmiley.png

Anyways, I'm headed out to watch the Bears-Pats game with some friends. Enjoy the snow everyone! Snowman.gif

Archived