CHSVol
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part V

Chicago Storm

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ottawa picked up about 5 inches of snow on the backside

we got about 2.5 here in montreal.

ottawa had a fun time with this storm, some IP/snow mix 1 inch, about 8 hours of steady FRZRA, some rain, cold front with FRZRA skating rink intact as per my parents....then 8 hours of dryslot, followed by 5 inches of snow and temps in the single digits with windchills near -20 to -25C.

all in all, just a very very impressive and powerful storm from the MW to the lakes.

14" here. My dynamics prof lives in srn LaPorte County near Hanna and measured the 33" report there. She says that was conservative.

I'm not sure if it's just me but it seems like there's been more blockbuster LES events in Porter/La Porte the past 5 years or so. I can think of at least 4 events that produced amounts of 2 feet in one or both counties.

ottawa picked up about 5 inches of snow on the backside

we got about 2.5 here in montreal.

ottawa had a fun time with this storm, some IP/snow mix 1 inch, about 8 hours of steady FRZRA, some rain, cold front with FRZRA skating rink intact as per my parents....then 8 hours of dryslot, followed by 5 inches of snow and temps in the single digits with windchills near -20 to -25C.

all in all, just a very very impressive and powerful storm from the MW to the lakes.

pics? :)

Archived