amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part V

Chicago Storm

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't ever recall LES this intense and for as long a duration as I've seen this afternoon/evening...west of IND. Typically LES here = non-accumulating flurries. The LES piece of this snow event is easily over 1" with another 1"-2" expected courtesy of Lake Michigan.

I can't ever recall LES this intense and for as long a duration as I've seen this afternoon/evening...west of IND. Typically LES here = non-accumulating flurries. The LES piece of this snow event is easily over 1" with another 1"-2" expected courtesy of Lake Michigan.

Looks like you're in a good spot for the next several hours.

I've been posting stuff in the LES thread:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/2805-major-les-event/page__st__100

Radar starting to fill in to my S & W. If there's going to be a time to salvage this storm it's going to be over the next couple of hours.

I'm rooting for you to get a few inches, especially with the way you've been screwed the past year and a half. I managed about 3" and still snowing lightly here. I'm hoping that LE band from LM makes it's way east to my area by tomorrow.

BTW, I wonder how our Columbus crew is making out.

Real Event, Fake Video coverage.

I work in digital arts and photography..if that is real I will be surprised, lets see how much more video comes out of this, why didn't they let it run for 10 min?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2010-12-12-metrodome-roof-fox-sports_N.htm

FOX left equipment hooked up to a tapedeck.

I'm rooting for you to get a few inches, especially with the way you've been screwed the past year and a half. I managed about 3" and still snowing lightly here. I'm hoping that LE band from LM makes it's way east to my area by tomorrow.

BTW, I wonder how our Columbus crew is making out.

Thanks IWXwx. Rumor is January might torch, so I'm content to salvage whatever I can at this point.

Archived