Newest Member
    northernriwx
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part V

Chicago Storm

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely.

Looks like one more band to move through here and that'll be it for quite awhile. Saw IND is up to 0.8" at 1PM...they should do quite well when it's over and done.

I'd have liked to have seen a better looking radar so backing off to the lower end might be the way to go here. Your posts about no accumulation are going a bit too far though. :P

I'd have liked to have seen a better looking radar so backing off to the lower end might be the way to go here. Your posts about no accumulation are going a bit too far though. :P

Eh, it didn't look great earlier. And really, it doesn't look great right now after this band moves through. I think an inch total will be about the best we can hope for. It is snowing the best it has all day currently. :)

ILN still calling for just 2-4 inches total for us. I'm looking at about 2 inches right now so there is definitely the potential to bust high. Radar returns are scattered so it will be dependent on being in the right spot.

I'd say we have a strong 2" here. It was falling pretty heavily around noonish but has since slacked off. Heavy stuff for even a snowblower to bite through. The one constant so far has been the steady wind that has kept the roads fairly snow covered.

Ended up with 3 inches or so, but its blowing like crazy, roads are terrible, and there is one more band of heavy snow about 30 min worth about to come threw which will just get things a bit worse.

roads still crowded, cars in ditches or accidents.

the winter weather advisory for 2-4 inches in our area most has fallen and these winds is wrong IMO. I am not saying to pretend we have a foot with 50mph winds. but winter weather advisory is not taken to serious here.

because we get quite a few for much MUCH MUCH lesser events.

they need a better warning system.

Archived