Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Event totals: 0.5” Snow/0.01” L.E.

Light snow falling this morning, very fluffy stuff. Details from the 12:00 P.M. Waterbury observations are below:

New Snow: 0.5 inches

New Liquid: 0.01 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 50.0

Snow Density: 2.0% H2O

Temperature: 18.9 F

Sky: Light Snow (2-15 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 7.5 inches

all that beautiful snow and conditions, hope you do not ice up for the weekend.

Yeah a little mix would be good though to add some more substance to the snowpack. We're getting there. Today was the first day I was making turns in the high elevation woods. 20-24" snow depth up high with the bottom foot being rock solid and the top foot fluffy. What I'd really like is a good ol' sleet storm and then this snow base would be bomber.

Yeah a little mix would be good though to add some more substance to the snowpack.  We're getting there.  Today was the first day I was making turns in the high elevation woods.  20-24" snow depth up high with the bottom foot being rock solid and the top foot fluffy.  What I'd really like is a good ol' sleet storm and then this snow base would be bomber.

sleet is in the mix it seems, too bad this was not the clipper it could have been, then a warmer weekend before you get slammed by upslope next week, enjoy, oh so jealous.

Yeah a little mix would be good though to add some more substance to the snowpack. We're getting there. Today was the first day I was making turns in the high elevation woods. 20-24" snow depth up high with the bottom foot being rock solid and the top foot fluffy. What I'd really like is a good ol' sleet storm and then this snow base would be bomber.

I feel like - well until your post- that I'm the only person excited for some mixed precip. We need a base. 12 hours above freezing at marginal 34-36 degrees with some snow/sleet/zr mixed in is what we need to lock these 24 down. We've gotten "inches" but it's very fluffy and needs some liquid beef.

Archived