Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Snow Storm Pictures

psv88

The scene when i woke up on October 30.

Live about 3 miles south of roslyn, nassau county, elevation 150. 2.5 inches of snowfall. stayed sleet and snow from 11 am onwards. I think my elevation and western location on the island put me JUST west of the coastal front, by around a mile, which set up right along the meadowbrook parkway.

Time for some football

2wqu6py.jpg

ohux5k.jpg

Pretty amazing. Was walking around at 8am and solid sheets of ice covered side walks with huge snow mounds; this in addition to sub freezing temps really made it feel like winter this morning. Can't believe this is day 3 with snow on the ground here in Villanova, basically equalling the amount fo snow cover days for the Feb 2006 blizzard!

Pix from this morning around campus:

23m7pxc.jpg

m7t9bt.jpg

34o7csg.jpg

Since we clouded up this afternoon, still about 1" of snow lingering in most spots. Bare ground on south facing areas.

Amazing to see how so many of the trees in Central NJ haven't even begun to change color! Really unusual seeing snow on the ground and fully leaved trees. If you think about it, you don't even see that in an early April snow event.

It is unreal. Once in a lifetime event, really. There's a good chance I'll never see green trees & nearly 6 inches of snow again.

Archived