• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Snow Storm Pictures

psv88

Amazing to see how so many of the trees in Central NJ haven't even begun to change color! Really unusual seeing snow on the ground and fully leaved trees. If you think about it, you don't even see that in an early April snow event.

Yeah, I think we've covered all bases now here in NY metro. We've seen snowstorms in a winter, spring, fall, and summer landscape. The growing season didn't even end yet before the storm, and as you said many oaks are still green, which is pretty remarkable to see w. snow on the ground. Normally in early/mid April snows all we've got blooming is the early flowering trees, like pears, cherries, and magnolias.

Yeah, I think we've covered all bases now here in NY metro. We've seen snowstorms in a winter, spring, fall, and summer landscape. The growing season didn't even end yet before the storm, and as you said many oaks are still green, which is pretty remarkable to see w. snow on the ground. Normally in early/mid April snows all we've got blooming is the early flowering trees, like pears, cherries, and magnolias.

i was thinking the other day that i technically have seen some sort of snow from october through may. only 4 months that i havent seen snow and im sure way back in time snow has fallen in late september in north jersey

Yesterday was odd. It felt like Spring. Looked like winter. Smelled like fall.

Archived