• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Historic October Snowstorm OBS & Discussion Part I

Alpha5

If you look at the radar returns around Allentown, south to Harrisburg and then down to the DC Corridor- that entire band of snow is beginning to build some what and pivot.. That dry slot to the east of that area will eventually dry up and that entire area of moisture will pivot through the NNJ area and Southern NY.. This will put the nail in the coffin for this area.. Unbelievable..

Jeff

Can we leave this banter somewhere else? I guess it doesnt matter when Meteorologists come in here and say this dry slot is necessary to get the main ccb and HEAVY snow band going and pivot east tonight. Every model guidance is showing this. Why do you think its over?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just lost power. f***.

That's the only downside to this storm. Given the leaves are still out there, trees are going to come down, and this could get pretty ugly. Homes aren't going to be a nice comfortable 70 degrees like they were after Irene. Next couple days/nights are unseasonably cold.

Can we leave this banter somewhere else? I guess it doesnt matter when Meteorologists come in here and say this dry slot is necessary to get the main ccb and HEAVY snow band going and pivot east tonight. Every model guidance is showing this. Why do you think its over?

its a panic statement thats all lol....the bantering and thread pollution is coming from noreaster27 today hes been littering the forums with utter crap today, suprised he hasnt been dealt with yet. do you think the snow will def pivot east tonight or just die and dissapate as it propogates east?

Can we leave this banter somewhere else?  I guess it doesnt matter when Meteorologists come in here and say this dry slot is necessary to get the main ccb and HEAVY snow band going and pivot east tonight.  Every model guidance is showing this.  Why do you think its over?

I would think the worst is yet to come once we get 40MPH winds involved with the snow later with near blizzard conditions.

its a panic statement thats all lol....the bantering and thread pollution is coming from noreaster27 today hes been littering the forums with utter crap today, suprised he hasnt been dealt with yet. do you think the snow will def pivot east tonight or just die and dissapate as it propogates east?

I dont see why its just going to die out as it moves east. The low is still going to be deepening and the forcing will keep it going as it moves east.

What? He's saying the dry slot is going to fill in and bring the precip over the area

I was unclear.. I was stating that this area is going to build and move northeast and the dry slot would close up and this moisture would then move into our area creating a very serious situation w/ snow totals reaching the NWS latest predictions or exceeding them..

I was unclear.. I was stating that this area is going to build and move northeast and the dry slot would close up and this moisture would then move into our area creating a very serious situation w/ snow totals reaching the NWS latest predictions or exceeding them..

That's how I interpreted it... SBUX is in full berate mode.

It's pretty much a 33 and rain down here, picked up a quick inch or so but once the band moved north and lost the dynamics it went to a sleety rain. Was cool to see the roads cover over in Oct albeit brief. I'm glad that at least I won't lose power, but it would have been cool to see 4' 6' snow like you guys. Enjoy it.

Ok thanks, sorry Im trying to sift throiugh the thread with the excellent obs you guys have here and trying to put some calm in those who think this is over soon

Archived