northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Historic October Snowstorm OBS & Discussion Part I

Alpha5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wind shifted east...honestly, upton jinxed the island, now we are warming quickly! u have to be kidding me

A few degrees? the precip let up somewhat, thats going to happen out here with the water so close. The low is developing rapidly and will be shifting east. We will have more northerly winds tonight with the deform band.

wind shifted east...honestly, upton jinxed the island, now we are warming quickly! u have to be kidding me

Us long Islanders have to remember this was marginal to begin w/ regarding this storm.... While our winds are East right now - ( yes they appear to have shifted) our storm will be here tonite.. I really do think we end up w/ 2-4" perhaps some + amouints in spots, but again, this is the nature of the beast..

Heights will crash as the storm goes to our south and east and we should turn over to snow and get a nice accumulation... JMO...

Temperatures should start decreasing across Long Island after 20Z.

places closer to the south shore have already. HWV is now 37 and FOK was in the lower 40s is now 37. Part of what we are dealing with is loss of snow growth with the impending dryslot. Deeper convection will overcome this, and once the deform band comes in it should be cold enough for all snow

Us long Islanders have to remember this was marginal to begin w/ regarding this storm.... While our winds are East right now - ( yes they appear to have shifted) our storm will be here tonite.. I really do think we end up w/ 2-4" perhaps some + amouints in spots, but again, this is the nature of the beast..

Heights will crash as the storm goes to our south and east and we should turn over to snow and get a nice accumulation... JMO...

ive been mentioning this days the changeover i think will be as abrupt as 12/25/02. we'll go from rain to heavy wet snow and severe winds im excited :snowman:

Archived