Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Historic October Snowstorm OBS & Discussion Part I

Alpha5

NYC has broke the record. 1.3 inches so far today :thumbsup:

3rd monthly snowfall record since February 2010!!

... Record October snowfall amount set for Central Park NY...

As of 2 PM today... Central Park recorded 1.3 inches of snowfall.

Since snowfall records began in 1869... an inch of snowfall has never

been recorded in the month of October. The last two times that

measurable snow fell in the month of October was... October 21 1952

with 0.5 inches and October 30 1925 with 0.8 inches.

Therefore... this breaks the daily record for snowfall in October and

the most snowfall ever recorded in the month of October.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/climate/records/snowiestmonths.html

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much a 33 and rain down here, picked up a quick inch or so but once the band moved north and lost the dynamics it went to a sleety rain. Was cool to see the roads cover over in Oct albeit brief. I'm glad that at least I won't lose power, but it would have been cool to see 4' 6' snow like you guys. Enjoy it.

Yeah it looks like I'll be doing better here in SE PA than back home in Monmouth for this storm. However, I still think you guys end up with 1-3", which is still historic for October.

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

This Afternoon: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Steady temperature around 34. Breezy, with a north wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 3am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 29. Windy, with a north wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Brooklyn&state=NY&site=OKX&lat=40.6498&lon=-73.9488

It's pretty much a 33 and rain down here, picked up a quick inch or so but once the band moved north and lost the dynamics it went to a sleety rain. Was cool to see the roads cover over in Oct albeit brief. I'm glad that at least I won't lose power, but it would have been cool to see 4' 6' snow like you guys. Enjoy it.

Yeah...remarkable but nothing historic here. Radar doesn't look good for us either. 287 N&W would be the sweet spot right now.

Yeah it looks like I'll be doing better here in SE PA than back home in Monmouth for this storm. However, I still think you guys end up with 1-3", which is still historic for October.

Yeah, my temp just shot up to 35 driving rainstorm now with sleet. Perhaps later if this thing pivots mo co can in on the accumulation action will see. Enjoy your snow.

Archived