joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GLOV November obs/disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting system on the 0z GFS for next tuesday...won't start a thread for the system as a whole just yet but this run it really takes off one it phases with the northern wave dropping southeast out of Canada and the main sfc low runs from central OK to STL to the southern tip of lake michigan. Also, looks like its just cold enough for a narrow stripe of snow from DVN/cycloneville into WI.

pretty nice looking phase..

6dd61780ee4ef19505f283cdf5b82045.gif

Interesting system on the 0z GFS for next tuesday...won't start a thread for the system as a whole just yet but this run it really takes off one it phases with the northern wave dropping southeast out of Canada and the main sfc low runs from central OK to STL to the southern tip of lake michigan. Also, looks like its just cold enough for a narrow stripe of snow from DVN/cycloneville into WI.

Man the phasing in the loop you attached is sure easy on the eyes! :popcorn::guitar:

cool loop :pepsi:

The 0z Euro bring a cold shot down late next week around the same time as the GFS. Looks pretty transient though on both models though.

Based on the indices on Allan's site, both the GFS ens mean and the Euro ens mean develop a -NAO after D7 or thereabouts, although based off h5 anomalies it's not a classic-looking block.

from LOT

A MUCH GREATER THREAT OF RAIN COMES MON NIGHT THRU WED AS THE

SYSTEM CURRENTLY MOVING OVER THE GULF OF AK DIGS SE OVER THE

DESERT SW SUN NIGHT AND MON THEN CROSSES THE ROCKIES AND HIGH

PLAINS BY TUE MORNING BEFORE MOVING ENE TO THE MS VALLEY BY

MIDDAY WED. COMPARED TO THEIR PREVIOUS RUN THE MODELS ARE ALL

PRETTY MUCH IN AGREEMENT IN A SLOWER AND NOT AS DEEP UPPER LOW

MOVING OVER THE GREAT LAKES OR THE MIDWEST THU NIGHT AND FRI.

PROJECTIONS OF UPPER AND SURFACE SYSTEM TRACKS THAT FAR OUT IN

THE FUTURE ARE FREQUENTLY SUBJECT TO ADJUSTMENT AS IS THIS THE

CASE WITH THIS SYSTEM.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME IT LOOKS LIKE THE LOCAL FORECAST AREA WILL

STILL BE MILD MON AND AGAIN ACROSS THE SE PORTION OF THE AREA TUE

AS A WEAK FRONTAL BOUNDARY SLOWLY DROPS ACROSS NORTHERN IL LATE

MON BEFORE BECOMING STATIONARY ACROSS NORTHERN IN AND CENTRAL IL

MON NIGHT. THIS BOUNDARY WILL BE THE FOCUS FOR OVER-RUNNING RAIN

MON NIGHT...TUE...TUE NIGHT AS A SURFACE WAVE RIDES NE ALONG THE

QUASI-STATIONARY BOUNDARY AHEAD OF THE SECOND PLAINS UPPER SYSTEM.

MODEL SOLUTIONS DIVERGE SIGNIFICANTLY BY WED-THU THOUGH CURRENT

THERMAL PROFILES AND THICKNESS PROGS SUGGEST WE MAY SEE SOME

MIXED RAIN AND SNOW ON THE BACK END OF THIS SYSTEM AS IT WRAPS

COLD AIR S AND SE INTO IT AS IT MOVES E TO THE GREAT LAKES AND/OR

MIDWEST WED EVENING.

still no frost or freeze here, will i make it to December?

Fun times...you have your own little microclimate downtown. Cromartie would be proud. :guitar:

Not to beat a dead horse...:deadhorse:

but ORD still hasn't dropped to 32F this Fall. It looks like the record will be broken...the previous latest 1st freeze was November 6, 1998.

Records at ORD go back to 1959.

If you want to see a bunch of significant troughs one after another, then probably bad.

It depends on how far south the troughs extend. If they put me on or near the storm track, preferably a bit north of it, then I would definitely like it and will definitely be patient until the maps are up for the 18z run.

If they put me on or near the storm track, preferably a bit north of it, then I would definitely like it and will definitely be patient until the maps are up for the 18z run.

:weenie:

I'm talking about an overall significantly amplified pattern, not just for you...

4 systems in the 10 day period.

Yup. Each with an inherently strong ML/UL jet to work with and perhaps LL jet as well.

I know, and I also know the current position this far out means nothing, but it is still nice to see the potential.

Idk, it just kind of irked me that the first thing you responded with was an IMBY post.

Archived