Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
GLOV November obs/disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs Trixie...who gives a **** what a model shows outside of their backyard especially when it comes to the colder season.

Be glad when hunting season comes and goes so I can stop looking past hr 96 on the gfs.

That's ok. I was stating a fact, maybe one that didn't need to be stated, that I'd be happy if some of the storms passed near or south of my location. Obviously most of us are happier when we are in the thick of a potential snowstorm, but I shouldn't state the obvious. Anyways, the storm for middle of next week looks decent for some in C and N Wisconsin, so it's possible you might get to enjoy your hunting grounds with a bit of snow on the ground.:)

We might be at the point where we could use a thread for the 7-10th system, as heavy rainfall/snow are possible and we're within 5 days.

Yeah, it's about that time. It's even getting into the NAM's range now.

Looks pretty impressive on the new 00z NAM guidance tonight.

NAM_221_2011110500_F84_CREF_SURFACE.png

Already that much widespread significant precip well out ahead with the parent system still back in NM/CO...

NAM_221_2011110500_F84_RELV_500_MB.png

The explosion of WAA precip between 72-84hrs on the NAM is nuts.

Yeah it looks like a classic SW flow/deep moisture event. As it turns out this weekend's upper Plains storm is sort of the lead wave to a much more impressive storm system that will impact much of the central/eastern CONUS. This is kind of what we expected with this weekend's storm, but as it turns out it was just the appetizer to the main course that we'll get next week. :popcorn:

Congrats Hawkeye!!!!

The Euro is farther nw with the low track. I'm not expecting much snow beyond a few flurries at the end.

The 1-2 inches of rain a few days ago combined with the 1-3 inches from this upcoming system is really going to put a dent in the drought conditions that have been increasing across Iowa and Missouri.

Archived