joxey
Welcome! General guidance for this forum's boundaries

Hoosier

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio and Michigan, wonderful

Hi :wub:

now that powerball is gone, Michigan is much better. Still not looking forward to a winter filled with "18z Moroccan shows an apps runner! :popcorn: " posts from Buckeye.

+1 to both

The Moroccan has always been my go to numerical model.

I prefer the 30 day Brazilian, it's the sh*t

so what about LA/TN/MS area etc?

some of us like to follow severe weather outbreaks no matter where they occur....and the severe weather superthreads here/at eastern are excellent. The hard core severe weather folks have been making those since 2005. I rarely post in severe weather threads on the east coast anymore because I'm not going to post in three different subforums for the same outbreak.

Also what severe weather threads do get started on the east coast are filled with IMBY posts such as "I hear thunder" or "it's raining here" becuase the thread is focus more locally rather then "hardcore" regional stuff

So when there is an outbreak starting from IL to Texas and then into the Gulf coast states/TN valley over time(which happens quite often) where does the main thread go?

so what about LA/TN/MS area etc?

IMO that discussion should go in the SE sub-forum, and always should have. Technically places like MS/AL are considered the SE and we have some folks from that region already posting in the SE forum.

some of us like to follow severe weather outbreaks no matter where they occur....and the severe weather superthreads here/at eastern are excellent. The hard core severe weather folks have been making those since 2005. I rarely post in severe weather threads on the east coast anymore because I'm not going to post in three different subforums for the same outbreak.

when there is an outbreak starting from IL to Texas and then into the Gulf coast states/TN valley over time(which happens quite often) where does the main.

There likely won't be a main thread.

This is why the split occured, to spread out the discussion and have a more regional focus...while allowing each sub-forum to grow and develop an established group.

The old mega threads we used to do were alright and helped for archive purposes, but they had their downside too. For example, they were a pain in the ass for people who wanted to discuss the next days event farther east, while the current event farther west would be ongoing.

We're going to see the same change with the winter storm threads too.

I'm sure Hoosier or BI will clarify further if needed.

Everyone hates change. It will be alright.

Considering we put hurricane threads in the main forum I think people could make an argument that the "hard core" folks could have a svr tracking thread there that would not cover a specific region, then with more general obs in the subforums. But that might be tricky. Otherwise nut much would change anyway other than a few clicks, etc.

OMG it's thundering

Everyone hates change. It will be alright.

Considering we put hurricane threads in the main forum I think people could make an argument that the "hard core" folks could have a svr tracking thread there that would not cover a specific region, then with more general obs in the subforums. But that might be tricky. Otherwise nut much would change anyway other than a few clicks, etc.

OMG it's thundering

Not a bad idea. I'll probably post "the thread" for an event in the general forum.

I still prefer when there was one main weather forum, once subforums start it seems like they keep bifurcating until there's far too many.

I agree but we are not going back and if a region has enough posters it should have a subforum.

Archived