gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
October 16th-19th Storm.

SpartyOn

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, the dryslot hasn't been as pronounced as I thought. I was thinking there'd be a much more focused band of rain, with an intrusive dryslot following once that band moved through, save for those lucky enough to be under the pivot point. But in reality, the rain sheild has been a much more expansive. Once the slot finally comes through, a lot of places are already going to have 2"+ down.

Honestly, the dryslot hasn't been as pronounced as I thought. I was thinking there'd be a much more focused band of rain, with an intrusive dryslot following once that band moved through, save for those lucky enough to be under the pivot point. But in reality, the rain sheild has been a much more expansive. Once the slot finally comes through, a lot of places are already going to have 2"+ down.

It's not really a dry slot, but it seems all of the rain has pivoted around Chicago. If any city is going to bust on the intensity of rainfall, it might be them. However, there is so much rain back in Michigan that shouldn't be a problem.

I know, I just lol when people start coming in and complaining that it's not as bad as it was suppose to be...and I already had a few people say that.

By the way, it's LOT not ORD.

Latest runs look like they may have backed off a tad in terms of wind potential for the metro area (not really seeing 60 kts at 900 mb anymore) but it's still going to be very windy in the favored locations.

Hope it wasn't posted already, but a couple of waterspouts spotted this morning too.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI

953 AM CDT WED OCT 19 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0927 AM WATER SPOUT 3 E SHEBOYGAN 43.75N 87.66W

10/19/2011 LMZ643 WI PUBLIC

WATERSPOUT OBSERVED OFFSHORE EAST OF SHEBOYGAN.

0920 AM WATER SPOUT 5 ENE OOSTBURG 43.65N 87.71W

10/19/2011 LMZ643 WI PUBLIC

PUBLIC REPORT OF WATERSPOUT OFF THE COAST BETWEEN

OOSTBURG AND SHEBOYGAN.

It's not really a dry slot, but it seems all of the rain has pivoted around Chicago. If any city is going to bust on the intensity of rainfall, it might be them. However, there is so much rain back in Michigan that shouldn't be a problem.

The radar's down. It's been an on/off light rain much of the day today. Midway has measured about a half inch the past several hours.

Nasty stuff... gonna build the season's first fire tonight.

The radar's down. It's been an on/off light rain much of the day today. Midway has measured about a half inch the past several hours.

Nasty stuff... gonna build the season's first fire tonight.

Is it the other radars that are picking up the rain on the fringes of the LOT CWA? I figured since it was only a portion of the CWA that was in a dry area on radar, it didn't have to do with the radar being down. Even TWC's radar shows the dry area; I thought TWC had their own radar and didn't necessarily use the ones of the respective NWS offices.

Pouring is an understatement! Sheets of fat wind driven rain. Been a while since I've seen a rain event like this. Maybe back in April but it seems this has eclipsed that. Signs are swaying and the traffic lights are dancing. Do we make a run at 2.5inches!!!!

We are probably close to 2 1/2" here. I had .42" as of 7 AM, I checked the gauge at 4PM and my CoCoRaHS inner gauge was full (1") and quite a bit in the outer tube. It has been raining constantly since then.

By the way, I enjoy you're posts. You seem quite knowledgeable, but your avatar is...uh...distracting. lol

Pouring is an understatement! Sheets of fat wind driven rain. Been a while since I've seen a rain event like this. Maybe back in April but it seems this has eclipsed that. Signs are swaying and the traffic lights are dancing. Do we make a run at 2.5inches!!!!

It is awesome outside right now. 20-30 mph winds with Heavy Rain temps in the 40's. I cant ask for a better mid October eveningpopcorn.gif

Archived