e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October 16th-19th Storm.

SpartyOn

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crib already gusting to gusting to 40kt. I went bullish and said wouldn't be shocked at a 70mph gust there or at another offshore ob depending on the amount of mixing.

I was mentioning the same thing to Alek earlier this morning that the C-man site in IN on the Southern shore will probably have a gust >70. That spot always has some huge gusts.

The offshore stations should have no problem gusting over 60. Land stations I still think Gary has the best shot of cracking 60.

I am going bolder and saying 70-75mph for offshore and for onshore 60-65mph. We are already getting some pretty good gusts and this storm is still maturing.

I am going bolder and saying 70-75mph for offshore and for onshore 60-65mph. We are already getting some pretty good gusts and this storm is still maturing.

Michigan City already gusting over 50 mph several hours before the strongest winds aloft is probably a sign to go bullish. If anyone tops 70 it will probably be them. I think Gary stops reporting obs after a certain time in the evening so we might not know what the gusts are like there at least initially.

Michigan City already gusting over 50 mph several hours before the strongest winds aloft is probably a sign to go bullish. If anyone tops 70 it will probably be them. I think Gary stops reporting obs after a certain time in the evening so we might not know what the gusts are like there at least initially.

Unless they lose power the auto sensors should pick up the winds nicely.

Amazing little to no rain here in Northern Oakland. Yes agree Bay City is going to get huge wind gusts later

For once the heavy stuff is on the eastside right now. It does look like the band will pivot and the heavier amounts will be just to the NW of macomb. Either way a rare track for such a strong storm.

Conditions already pretty interesting. Looks like moderate rain will be prevalent over the next several hours, and gusts into the 30 mph range. They weren't expecting the heaviest winds until after 0z anyway. MKX talks about the center shifting east on the models, but the models don't have a good handle on the western extent of the rain, so I'm hesitant to rely on the models for placement of the low either.

Archived