• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
October Obs.

jrips27

Rain has been fair but not meeting expectations in the last few months....

I'll settle for a southeast get together over the rain if possible....

Well, we could have a sled in out at my highway hill! You may prove right about a warmer time ahead, but that won't negate my chances at a good sleet storm this year, lol.

That line back in Ala. looks a bit more robust now, and if the one behind begins to extend toward the gulf, I might feel hopeful for later. At least Cory ought to get some. That line needs to fatten up when it gets near here, or it is just too easy to slide between the showers :) Here is hoping for all of us in Ga., and Michelle in Columbia town, too! All those suffering from desertification. T

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we could have a sled in out at my highway hill! You may prove right about a warmer time ahead, but that won't negate my chances at a good sleet storm this year, lol.

That line back in Ala. looks a bit more robust now, and if the one behind begins to extend toward the gulf, I might feel hopeful for later. At least Cory ought to get some. That line needs to fatten up when it gets near here, or it is just too easy to slide between the showers :) Here is hoping for all of us in Ga., and Michelle in Columbia town, too! All those suffering from desertification. T

That would be awesome :wub:

I got lucky this afternoon with that batch of rain and have about 1/2" in the bucket. :weight_lift: Now maybe my yard will not sound as crunchy when I'm out walking the pup :lol:

Well, that was underwhelmingly disappointing. Less than a tenth, and the suns out...though it was raining pretty good with the sun out for a while....now that has stopped. Less than 3 inches in nearly two months. I saw the camel again earlier....peeking at me over the dunes :) T

Sorry to hear that again T, but if it can change here, it can anywhere...eventually a supressed track will put you in the sweet spot for steady precip. about to rain nicely it looks like, just getting the first few drops.

Well, we're already picking up some light showers, and they've changed our expected amounts to 1-2" overnight. Of course, last time they said that, we got 0.13". I'm really hoping we do get the heavier rain around here this time. Still sitting at 3.08" since Sept 1.

That would be awesome :wub:

I got lucky this afternoon with that batch of rain and have about 1/2" in the bucket. :weight_lift: Now maybe my yard will not sound as crunchy when I'm out walking the pup :lol:

Wow, wow! That's great..kind of pathetic, but great :) In past years we wouldn't think anything of 3 inches today, and 3 more Friday...how far we've fallen to be way happy over 1/2 inch, lol.

Sorry to hear that again T, but if it can change here, it can anywhere...eventually a supressed track will put you in the sweet spot for steady precip. about to rain nicely it looks like, just getting the first few drops.

Yeah, man, you are my torch in the rain cave, lol. If you can turn it around, anyone can.....and I don't have a set of mountains to get in the way :) Looks like that next line fattened out pretty good, so I've got my hopes up once more. Tony

Looks like about a half an inch in the gauge...nice steady rain for last 3 to 4 hours, but its almost over with for the most part, untilmaybe round two. Also, had a couple rumbles of thunder. This year (spring summer fall) has definitely without a doubt provided the most thunderstorms I can ever recall. Must have had over 30 thunderstorms this year, or days with thunder.

Wrong would make me happy, I hope we are in store for a couple decades of mainly good winters like some think. :snowman:

Wow, wow! That's great..kind of pathetic, but great :) In past years we wouldn't think anything of 3 inches today, and 3 more Friday...how far we've fallen to be way happy over 1/2 inch, lol.

Yeah, man, you are my torch in the rain cave, lol. If you can turn it around, anyone can.....and I don't have a set of mountains to get in the way :) Looks like that next line fattened out pretty good, so I've got my hopes up once more. Tony

well said sir...

Severe Thunderstorm Warning out in that line to my west. Good to see them firing up!

Looking good for some rains this evening, makes me very happy.

Finally got my computer back after waiting for it to be fixed up.  The memory went on the fritz and had no choice but to buy new RAM, plus it suffered the infamous BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) due to a critical software issue.  Glad to be back on the forum once more.

Aside from that, I've been under heavy rain for a few hours since it began during the late evening.  Nothing but drizzle now but managed to get 1.47" out of this.  Very nice I say and the ditches are completely filled to where it looks like a mini-river.

Archived