• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Obs.

jrips27

Got down to 30 here overnight - I guess the cirrus veil kept it from going any lower.

I was really liking the way our forecast looked this morning - 1/4" to 1/2" tonight. They've since backed off on that with the updated AFD. Oh well...

Radar looks a bit more robust than I thought it would this early, I got a bad feeling the kiddies are gonna be pissed tonight at least east of I-95. I wouldnt give up on .25-.50 in your area just yet....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had a nice steady 20% chance falling for about a half hour now :)

edit: Forecast has been updated to 80% this afternoon, 90% tonight

edit2: There's .27" in the gauge already!

LOL my kid is watching the radar loop with growing despair, he asked me if this ever happened to me when I was a kid as this is like the 3rd time Halloween has been rained out in his 8 yrs. Gotta admit I am kinda bummed to as I get to "check" the candy after the haul and my fee is quite heavy :devilsmiley:

Over a half inch now! I hate it for the kids, especially the little ones who are just getting into the fun of it. Of course, there was that one year when some neighborhood teens came around w/o costumes, and one girl even had the gall to ask for a bag to carry her candy in *SMH*. Hope the weather holds off for the kids tonight elsewhere.

So, here's my data from my Vantage Vue from October 2011:

Hi Temp: 85.3 on 10/17

Lo Temp: 29.9 on 10/30

Rainfall: 2.70 inches

Hi Wind Speed: 16 mph on 10/15

This has also been my driest month since moving to our new house about 10 miles SE of where we used to live. However, if I can count the rest of the year at the older house, January, February, and June were all drier than October. (I have no data from July as I was in the process of moving and in-between locations.)

I observed a monsoon from about 5:00 to 9:00 when WRAL's foreacst for the day was a chance of spotty showers, mostly east and southeast of me.

My locale has been 20 miles too far west or east for most of these events this year. Sometimes being on the edge of the piedmont is a curse unless everyone else in the triangle is at 33 and rain and I am at 32 and snow....

My locale has been 20 miles too far west or east for most of these events this year. Sometimes being on the edge of the piedmont is a curse unless everyone else in the triangle is at 33 and rain and I am at 32 and snow....

How did you do in the December 18, 2009 storm? We got about a half inch, then sleet for a bit, then rain. IIRC northern Orange had like 4".

That was 2010!

Here is the 2009 storm I was talking about.

Durfff....

Probably around 1/2 to 3". In fact that 3" report may have been mine.

Data is somewhere in this area at EasternWx... http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?/forum/15-weather-forecasting-and-discussion/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__2280

Durfff....

Probably around 1/2 to 3". In fact that 3" report may have been mine.

Data is somewhere in this area at EasternWx... http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?/forum/15-weather-forecasting-and-discussion/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__2280

Hey!, i found it... My report was 2.6"

20091219.cocorahs.snowfall.central.nc.png

Archived