• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

Though it's a bit far out, if that thread had been about the possible event next week it might not have been closed. The October severe thread would be like having "January winter thread" in addition to having our usual monthly thread.

Then why not just change the title. Would be easier to keep all of the oct fantasy severe maps in one thread. JMO.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though it's a bit far out, if that thread had been about the possible event next week it might not have been closed. The October severe thread would be like having "January winter thread" in addition to having our usual monthly thread.

Then someone should have changed the title or started a specific thread for the possible event next week. We do this in the winter 7 days out, why not the Fall? To be frank, this past storm should have had its own thread. While nothing amazing, it deserved some recognition. But that's ex past facto. Plus it's hell to go back and look for specific events when they're buried in a general month thread. I mean isn't the idea of having our own forum to be able to start new threads about specific events? I think some of the harshness that some get for starting "event" threads, while admitting that specific one was a bit "too broad", is a little much.

Then why not just change the title. Would be easier to keep all of the oct fantasy severe maps in one thread. JMO.

Agree with you BowMe, its October now and there is more weather now so this thread should be used more for general wx stuff like cold spells, torches, possible first flakes, long range non- svr stuff, etc... And besides, 8.5 day gfs for Severe Wxlmaosmiley.gif Just create a specific thread for the longer out there events..

Then someone should have changed the title or started a specific thread for the possible event next week. We do this in the winter 7 days out, why not the Fall? To be frank, this past storm should have had its own thread. While nothing amazing, it deserved some recognition. But that's ex past facto. Plus it's hell to go back and look for specific events when they're buried in a general month thread. I mean isn't the idea of having our own forum to be able to start new threads about specific events? I think some of the harshness that some get for starting "event" threads, while admitting that specific one was a bit "too broad", is a little much.

I'm all for separating events out of this thread. Not 15 days out but a week or even a little more in some cases is fine imo. As far as I know, nobody was prevented from creating a thread for the past storm.

As far as I know, nobody was prevented from creating a thread for the past storm.

No they weren't, but I didn't say that was the case. It's just it would've been a good enough event to have its own thread. Probably a case of boring weather preceding it, thus no thread until it kind of snuck up on us. No biggie, like I said ex past facto.

Dumb closing the general oct severe weather thread because the severe wx clique thinks its stupid... now we get to weed through severe weenies posting 8.5 day out GFS maps..

maybe if you open your eyes and looked what I said you would realize it had nothing to do with severe weather...I simply but up a H5 map and talking about the overall synoptic pattern compared to another model.

I was talking about the image of the H5 chart I posted today.....but even in the one you just posted, did I ever mention the word severe? No. It's your own problem for assuming that by seeing dew points and 850mb winds. Try reading.

Well, we're obviously discussing a potential severe weather pattern in a general sense. But there's a big difference between that and saying a squall line will hit Chicago at 6 PM next Friday.

I was talking about the image of the H5 chart I posted today.....but even in the one you just posted, did I ever mention the word severe? No. It's your own problem for assuming that by seeing dew points and 850mb winds. Try reading.

I don't have to read to know what was on your weenie brain when posting those images.

next week is looking quite nice, 70's and sunny for several days around here.

Can't wait and hopefully the week after offers a few nice ones for vacation... Its been pretty miserable since last tuesday in WI. At least we got some much needed rain. Sorry about yesterday, it was just one of those irritable days that ended up getting the best of me.

Can't wait and hopefully the week after offers a few nice ones for vacation... Its been pretty miserable since last tuesday in WI. At least we got some much needed rain. Sorry about yesterday, it was just one of those irritable days that ended up getting the best of me.

Just curious, where are you heading for vacation? I will be doing as much fishing as possible between now and the middle of Nov. As soon as the weather turns cooler around here, the fishing turns on. Eight days of below normal temps and rain on 7 of those days have really cooled the water temps.

LOT is concerned about freeze potential away from the UHI Saturday night...

THE SURFACE HIGH WILL BUILD EAST SOUTHEASTWARD ACROSS NORTHERN

ILLINOIS ON SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. TEMPERATURES WILL LIKELY

REMAIN IN THE MID 50S IN MOST AREAS ON SATURDAY...AND WITH THE

SURFACE HIGH OVERHEAD SATURDAY NIGHT...THE POTENTIAL IS THERE FOR A

WIDESPREAD FREEZE FOR PORTIONS OF NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS AND THE

WESTERN SUBURBS OF CHICAGO. A FREEZE WATCH MAY BE NEEDED IN THE

FUTURE DURING THIS PERIOD.

Archived