joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully whats his face doesn't start the two week open severe thread but id bet on atleast one decent severe event during the first 7-10 days or so.

It's been pretty quiet overall for a while. I like that western trough showing up on the GFS ensembles. Maybe something comes out of that.

GFS continues to show middle-late next week to be fun...ensembles in decent agreement of a western trof and the 0z GFS is showing this monster at 10 days...60 dews almost up to Canada with great flow off the gulf into the southern plains and 75kt southeasterly winds at 850mb in ND/MN.

Ahhh, I'm glad those September doldrums are almost over...:popcorn:

GFS continues to show middle-late next week to be fun...ensembles in decent agreement of a western trof and the 0z GFS is showing this monster at 10 days...60 dews almost up to Canada with great flow off the gulf into the southern plains and 75kt southeasterly winds at 850mb in ND/MN.

That has potential significant severe wx event written all over it. Main thing I don't like on that map is the relatively narrow nature of the warm sector which could make the threat area narrow on any given day, but other than that...

I htink we will see at least some flurries and even maybe melt on contact snow showers. Certainly get that feeling that winter is going to come on with a vengence this year, the pattern with this stuck low, the huge storm expected to develop next week...just has that feel of active winter writeen all over it.

Archived