12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The upcoming warm pattern isn't surprising considering the very cool September we just had. Should be some fantastic weather for at least the first half of the month. By the time the shoe drops again and we get into a colder pattern some of us could pick up the first flakes. So basically exactly what Stebo mentioned earlier today lol.

talk about an excellent stretch of weather if we aren't going to get alot of interesting weather around here..alot of "sunny" in this forecast.

Monday: Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 70. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 75.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 75.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 76.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 76.

Just curious, where are you heading for vacation? I will be doing as much fishing as possible between now and the middle of Nov. As soon as the weather turns cooler around here, the fishing turns on. Eight days of below normal temps and rain on 7 of those days have really cooled the water temps.

Sorry I was away when you posted this and missed it until I was looking back on what I missed just now.. Me and the wife will be staying home next week outside of a few day road trips.. Yeah fishing will be heating up as they put the feedbag on.. We were up north a couple weeks back now and the fishing was real slow for us from shore. I swear we almost tried every boat launch and fishing pier in Vilas and Oneida county and all we were able to scrap together after pounding it out for 5 days str8 was about 20 keeper panfish for the fry pan. Tons of stunted Green Carp (large mouth bass) were cooperative though. Its amazing how the Bass have exploded up north in the past 10 yrs.

Between the big cold front before we got up there, the 50's and rain/wind and a lot of the smaller lakes just starting to turnover it was tough to say the least for shore fishing.. The one day it was sunny and we rented a boat for the late afternoon/evening we still almost got skunked lol..

Pretty much done fishing until frozen water except I would really like to hit the clements fishing barge on the Mississippi next week one day and will be hitting up a few of the Lake Michigan fishing tributaries for the fall run if the water stays fishable.. Not looking good with no rain in the forecast for some time... Good Luck to you fishing this fall and let me know how you make out if you want!

Looking like a big torch like last oct at least through mid month. Beautiful lake breeze and low 60's here while it's upper 70's and into the 80's in Northern WI and Northern MN. On Fireeeee, literally again maybe.

Torch for the foreseeable future. Some of the October torchy runs (relative to average) of the recent past at LAF...

1st-9th: 76, 84, 79, 86, 88, 90, 91, 90, 78

5th-15th: 77, 81, 73, 68, 75, 78, 83, 86, 80, 71, 81

6th-13th: 77, 79, 82, 87, 87, 86, 83, 73

22nd-26th: 68, 77, 78, 74, 75, 69

Torch for the foreseeable future. Some of the October torchy runs (relative to average) of the recent past at LAF...

1st-9th: 76, 84, 79, 86, 88, 90, 91, 90, 78

5th-15th: 77, 81, 73, 68, 75, 78, 83, 86, 80, 71, 81

6th-13th: 77, 79, 82, 87, 87, 86, 83, 73

22nd-26th: 68, 77, 78, 74, 75, 69

Just outstanding weather. After coming from a very wet September, makes it more handable. Last year, the fall was very dry and ugly.

Have to love the diurnal temperature ranges this time of year. 39 degrees yesterday at LAF (76/37). Some better ones last October: 77/37, 82/40, 87/45.

And also as it is this time of year, LAF in the running for the highest temp in the state every day. Only HUF's 77 beat us yesterday and tied with EVV on Sunday.

Just an inferno and dry as a popcorn fart in parts of Iowa and MN - hopefully no big fires break out except maybe one at the Dump Of America Field.

Nice lake breeze and 60's again to escape day 2 of the torch. 1or 2 more nights of real comfortable sleeping weather until we're back in 10-15+ temp departures at night and the AC ripping. I know when this long torchartie is over I'll def be ready to say bye bye to this kind of extended period of heat until next june hopefully.

Just an inferno and dry as a popcorn fart in parts of Iowa and MN - hopefully no big fires break out except maybe one at the Dump Of America Field.

Nice lake breeze and 60's again to escape day 2 of the torch. 1or 2 more nights of real comfortable sleeping weather until we're back in 10-15+ temp departures at night and the AC ripping. I know when this long torchartie is over I'll def be ready to say bye bye to this kind of extended period of heat until next june hopefully.

Mid 50's isn't comfortable sleeping weather? Eh, I know what you mean. AC probably goes back on here tomorrow. Awful.

Dang, I'll be lucky to break upper 80's lol

What's your average score?

Archived