• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

Things barely cooled off last night due to the constant southerly winds, low of 58° F at MSN, so it probably never dropped below 60° F downtown. Dewpoint has risen to 55° F and the high is supposed to be well over 80 today.

A little too warm for this time of year, gonna have to have the AC going most of the day.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This clear weather with large diurnal swings is probably helping, but Ive noticed fall color just exploding. Getting very colorful out very quickly. LOVE IT! Perfect scenery for playoff baseball, GO TIGERS!

We're already hitting peak believe it or not, it's raining leaves and alot of trees are going bare.

Tell me about it. 40s in the morning walking to class, to around 80 now. Most trees hear are wither near peak, at peak, or past peak.

This clear weather with large diurnal swings is probably helping, but Ive noticed fall color just exploding. Getting very colorful out very quickly. LOVE IT! Perfect scenery for playoff baseball, GO TIGERS!

I'm not surprised at all by the fire threat, here in central illinois i's still pretty bone dry (regardless of a semi wet september). I was just telling someone earlier, October isgoing to be a VERY dry month, the extended 7-10 forecast show's not a lick of precip.

The heat looks to stick around until around the 13th, heck today we reached 87 degrees.

The record high of 85 degrees was tied at Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport today. The high also reached 85 degrees on October 7th in 1997 and 2003. The normal high for October 7th is 62 degrees.

This is the 6th day in a row that the high temperature has been at or above 80 degrees in the Twin Cities. This is the longest streak of 80 degree days in the Twin Cities in October since 1953.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mpx&storyid=73846&source=0

Yes, such a wonderful fall season ... that only lasts ... 2 weeks. and in a month it'll be winter season for all intents and purposes. Glad the Tigers won last night!

The return of true fall weather is in sight. I can't say I dislike 70s in October, or any time of the year with low humidity, but late fall with crisp, cool nights and the ubiquitous wood-burning smell is great. It's particularly great the last several years as my enjoyment of winter storms has increased.

Archived