joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
our next significant rainfall event

forkyfork

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely agree with you.... PWs are close to 2 inches and there is a large scale deep southerly flow.. The Jet positioning looks pretty good too... espeically late Friday though the first part of Saturday.. could be a lot training with this rain as the flow is essentially the same direction at all levels.

the models have been extremely inconsistent with the positioning of the ull which certainly doesn't add any confidence to the situation. the general idea of the upper low cutting off seems to be gaining credence, however.

until yesterday some medium range guidance had the ull as far west as the plains states. it will be interesting to see where it does ultimately set up.

simply awful

excellent scientific post, too bad we all can't be like you, or should I say thank god

we are entering a period where the jet stream is going to begin diving southward and we begin to see northern stream action, its time to face the facts. The idea that we had a wet "dry season" probably means that we will continue to run above average rainfall through the near future.

I'd much rather the cool than the muggy humid disgusting air out there right now in the city and west.

The humidity has been disgusting the last couple days. Everything is so damp and sticky and I just feel unclean in this nastiness. I miss that cold spell from last week that felt glorious.

Their recently updated map has (luckily) sliced totals down to 2-3"+ for the area, which would still be completely unneeded but not as bad as that forecasts would imply.

I'm not so sure an unlucky area wont see that 5+ inch deluge out of this. Pwaters over 2 inches from later Friday into early Saturday on the nam bufkits, and around 2 inches on the gfs.

The WV loop shows that the tropical connection has already been established, all the way to the Gulf of Mexico, and you can really feel it outside. You don't need to the models to tell you that its a favorable setup for excessive rainfall.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

Most of the models were calling for rain all week and most places have seen less than .10. I'm still not convinced we see much outside of tomorrow into Sat morning.

The 12z GFS has about 2-4" of rainfall over the next 7 days, with two sepearte times to focus on. The heaviest rain looks to fall just west of the city.

Archived