Newest Member
    joxey
our next significant rainfall event

forkyfork

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a CoCo observer? Awesome :thumbsup:

I'm not--but my home weather station reported the same 0.68" that was reported at the Berkeley Heights station (I believe that's where it is)...lowest in the area. :lol:

But I'm not complaining...after the wettest month on record in the area, I don't think "busting" on a rain event is the worst thing in the world.

850 temps are almost 20 C at 18z today just offshore.

This Atlantic ridge is unbelievably strong by late-September standards. It's a good thing we're not seeing any breaks of sunshine, or it would become even more uncomfortable outside.

OVC

72.2/71

Only got down to 69.0F here in Dobbs Ferry last night. Driving back to NH late tomorrow evening.

I don't know why people are surprised.

The euro, starting on Thursday 12z run, had .75"-1" areawide for Friday and then almost zero for the whole weekend.

And we all got .75"-1" on Friday and zero for the weekend.

Looking at the radar and the fire hose setting up east and flooding E-NC and VA last night , we lucked out. I'll have to look at totals from down there but the radar looked pretty impressive. Some breaks of sun here. Last night was a nice sun set breaking through the clouds. Trees seem to be moving along into fall but the last week of humid/warmth have raised monthly departures.

I don't know why people are surprised.

The euro, starting on Thursday 12z run, had .75"-1" areawide for Friday and then almost zero for the whole weekend.

And we all got .75"-1" on Friday and zero for the weekend.

you need to rethink areawide, on a line from about 20 miles west of the city westward, everyone got 1.0"+ with western Passaic, Morris and Orange counties getting 2.0"+, with isolated higher amounts. The NAM did a decent job at highlighting NJ when most models had all the heavy precip offshore. Sure, we dodged a bit of a bullet, but alot of us got alot more than 0.75"-1.0"

Archived