joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE GTG Dec 04th in Brew City Restaurant in ORH

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, it was a pretty good afternoon, and night. As some people touched upon, the waitstaff and/ or management seemed to make things difficult for us. I'm not sure what the deal was with all of that except that they probably just wanted us to keep ordering food so that the waitress could get a bigger tip. The b.s. that our waitress stated about us having to eat food was probably a line of crap. After leaving Brew City, I went 3 minutes away to another bar. I asked them if there was some kind of rule about having patrons eat, and they said they never hear of it.

The fact that they shuffled us from the main room to the bar (supposedly due to a HUGE party that never showed up) was a sign of things to come. When we were in the "Bar" area (separated by the rest of the place by a wall, signifying it was THE BAR area), the waitress stated that we "must order from her, and NOT at the bar, and that this is the rule". First off, they put us at a tall pub style table that seated 8. Besides the fact that we had more than 8 in the party, laying down the law that we couldn't order at the bar was only strike 2 on this place. Strike 3 was the whole forced food thing.

In the end, I really think it came down to tips, with food being something that obviously helps produce more tips. For what it's worth I did overhear some of the waitstaff expressing concern over the state of mind of Wiz's dad at one point. I'm guessing that the noose didn't go over to well with the family atmosphere that seemed to be going on in the dining room.

I vote for shady dive, or strip club next time.

Overall, it was a pretty good afternoon, and night. As some people touched upon, the waitstaff and/ or management seemed to make things difficult for us. I'm not sure what the deal was with all of that except that they probably just wanted us to keep ordering food so that the waitress could get a bigger tip. The b.s. that our waitress stated about us having to eat food was probably a line of crap. After leaving Brew City, I went 3 minutes away to another bar. I asked them if there was some kind of rule about having patrons eat, and they said they never hear of it.

The fact that they shuffled us from the main room to the bar (supposedly due to a HUGE party that never showed up) was a sign of things to come. When we were in the "Bar" area (separated by the rest of the place by a wall, signifying it was THE BAR area), the waitress stated that we "must order from her, and NOT at the bar, and that this is the rule". First off, they put us at a tall pub style table that seated 8. Besides the fact that we had more than 8 in the party, laying down the law that we couldn't order at the bar was only strike 2 on this place. Strike 3 was the whole forced food thing.

In the end, I really think it came down to tips, with food being something that obviously helps produce more tips. For what it's worth I did overhear some of the waitstaff expressing concern over the state of mind of Wiz's dad at one point. I'm guessing that the noose didn't go over to well with the family atmosphere that seemed to be going on in the dining room.

Wow, sounds like a hostile place for boisterous fun seekers. I've been trying to get people to sign on for a a GTG at Liston's in Worthington,Ma but the only input I've gotten was from Blizz who said "It looks dirty." I guarantee nobody would hassle us noose not withstanding. Anyway, it's an easy snowmachine in/out, we could start in the daylight at the lake with some ice fishing for Salmon/Trout and move to the trailhouse at nightfall. Just a suggestion.

I should have gone with you to that other place, but I'm just a bit gun shy after what took place last yr.....played it safe.

I am going to work on getting something together for next fall. Guys can come to the Museum, have Will Scooter Ryan do a PPT in our Auditorium maybe . I will get us lunch, have a beer then we can head to Foxwoods to the new places, tequila bar is hot or even the new bowling alleys are fun, just thought about it last night, after dealing with something I never encountered in my life, paying patrons getting treated like crap. Just a thought, sort of a cheap conference for us SNE weenies , good for those who can not afford the main conference. I can hook us up with cheap rooms for a night so spouses can come and anyone can get snookered without the worry

OMG, anything to do with F-woods, my hub is there! Especially for cheap rooms! Sounds GREAT, Steve! We loved the museum when we visited you there a while back. We haven't tried the bowling alleys yet, but the place is really cool looking (I walked around inside not too long after they opened).

If you can pull this off, it would be SWEEEEET!!!!! :thumbsup:

--Turtle ;)

Garth, good description of what occurred. I like the pics. For those who asked, Barry is my best friend who has been our family friend since the start. He is probably the biggest hearted man I have ever met. Over the years he has done more and given more of himself to others than possible. Just one example, every black Friday he went to Walmart and bought bikes for under privileged kids assembled and delivered them all on his own, heart of gold, liver of Jose Gold on weekends only. I dragged him to a GTG in Boston and he really liked the people and then wanted to go to Balt to hang out etc. Wiz and him hit it off and the resemblance to father son is hilarious. He is off the hook sometimes but that's Barry. If any of you are ever blessed with a friend like Barry for life you will be very blessed. Sorry to get corny but had to tell ya about TB

Garth, good description of what occurred. I like the pics. For those who asked, Barry is my best friend who has been our family friend since the start. He is probably the biggest hearted man I have ever met. Over the years he has done more and given more of himself to others than possible. Just one example, every black Friday he went to Walmart and bought bikes for under privileged kids assembled and delivered them all on his own, heart of gold, liver of Jose Gold on weekends only. I dragged him to a GTG in Boston and he really liked the people and then wanted to go to Balt to hang out etc. Wiz and him hit it off and the resemblance to father son is hilarious. He is off the hook sometimes but that's Barry. If any of you are ever blessed with a friend like Barry for life you will be very blessed. Sorry to get corny but had to tell ya about TB

:thumbsup:

best friends!!! they take the good the bad and the ugly...and love you forever!

:thumbsup:

best friends!!! they take the good the bad and the ugly...and love you forever!

I have had some low points that a lot of people abandoned me and he certainly did not. Older folks here know that there are only one or two people who ever remain true friends in your life. Right now I am watching football, he is playing for fun poker with my wife, he's a fixture here.

Archived