Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up with 7 inches of rain here in Lansdowne.

Went down to Darby Creek this morning only to find my camera ran out of batteries 5 mins after I turned it on. Eventually found some batteries went back later but the waters had receded. The water did not get to Floyd levels but it did go higher then last septembers rain event. I believe Baltimore Pike was closed for a bid as it opened back up around 530-6AM according to DELCOM. I did get some pictures to show how high the water did come as well as a couple photos of branches on power lines that I will post later today. Nothing to exciting but I'm actually glad about that.

All in all my favorite part of the storm was watching transformer after transformer blow for a good 15 mins during pretty much the peak of the storm.

No way we could get 2 hurricanes in one season. That's about as likely as having the hottest month ever, the rainiest month ever, a hurricane, and an earthquake in two months.... Oh wait

as someone else mentioned. the 0z euro has another tropical threat sitting north of dom rep on the same longitude as tampa

Peak gusts through 2PM:

PHL 45kts/52 mph

PNE 39kts/45 mph

LOM 29kts/33 mph

VAY 38kts/44 mph

ILG 49kts/56 mph

PTW 38kts/44 mph

DYL 33kts/38 mph

MQS 40kts/46 mph

WRI 44kts/50 mph

TTN 45kts/52 mph

MIV 41kts/47 mph

UKT 34kts/39 mph

ACY 48kts/55 mph

NEL 48kts/55 mph

XLL 38kts/44 mph

MJX 39kts/45 mph

RDG 42kts/48 mph

DOV 45kts/52 mph

ABE 46kts/53 mph

Storm total 6.57" here in NW Chesco. Storm definitely underperformed in the wind department -- max gust 36 mph.

One tree down, lots of small branches. One footbridge across stream rotated 90 degrees, other bridge with cable

on come-along to a tree held fine.

Nonetheless, still no power since 3:30 this morning -- generator running. Pumped 2 feet of water out of church

basement this morning. No power - no sumps.

Archived