• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

The Little Lehigh flooding has passed Floyd. Only 20 feet from the house. I'm hoping that the lighter rain will help crest it soon. It's crawling toward the house, but has slowed significantly. Need a couple more hours of little to no rain to have it reverse course.

Edit: KDIX being down through most of this storm was untimely to say the least. Not happy with that.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peak gusts through 8AM:

PHL 45kts/52 mph

PNE 39kts/45 mph

LOM 28kts/32 mph

VAY 34kts/39 mph

ILG 49kts/56 mph

PTW 38kts/44 mph

DYL 33kts/38 mph

MQS 40kts/46 mph

WRI 44kts/50 mph

TTN 45kts/52 mph

MIV 39kts/45 mph

UKT 30kts/35 mph

ACY 48kts/55 mph

NEL 48kts/55 mph

XLL 34kts/39 mph

MJX 39kts/45 mph

RDG 42kts/48 mph

DOV 45kts/52 mph

ABE 41kts/47 mph

I'm in Toms River and i've been without power since 130am. Just some small branches down in the immediate area. Parents are on the mainland side of the Barnaget Bay and say the water was coming up right to the top of the bulkhead as of 45 minutes ago.

Just drove through the wall farmingdale area. Streams over the banks by Atlantic ave and farmingdale .....just before the old Kelly chevy dealer. Road was closed off an hour ago. Loads of limbs and trees down along the road side but kudos to the crews who had everything already cleared and cut. Waiting for power crews to repair blown transformers.There was power along rt 34 and farmingdale road. Spring lake boardwalk took a hit......loads of damage. From what I could see it is not as bad as 92 storm. Similar loss of the elevated boardwalk but it was not tossed far from position......I.e. Onto ocean ave or so. Now that is just the stretch I am looking at.This storm appears to be about 70% of the 92 storm.....minus any rain and flooding of streams and rivers........which obviously is a bigger issue due to high totals for the month and net new.I'm heading into Belmar soon.........more later.......

Until further notice, Mayor Leighton has ordered an evacuation of the low lying areas surrounding Solomon Creek in South Wilkes-Barre. The creek remains within the channel walls but due to continued forecasted heavy rains, Mayor Leighton wants to give residents advanced notice to safely evacuate the area in-case the creek level rises above the wall.

And we just briefly lost power.

The Little Lehigh flooding has passed Floyd. Only 20 feet from the house. I'm hoping that the lighter rain will help crest it soon. It's crawling toward the house, but has slowed significantly. Need a couple more hours of little to no rain to have it reverse course.

Edit: KDIX being down through most of this storm was untimely to say the least. Not happy with that.

The Little Lehigh is the highest I have ever seen it. It is is also 20 feet from my deck. Ancient Oak people must have water in their homes and Spring Creek Rd is shut down

Archived