Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

building here as well, thought we might be totally done but this is almost enough to bring down large branches again

The GFS hinted at this yesterday, it brought 60mph gusts to eastern PA in the early afternoon hours. That's probably not verifying but the GFS had the right idea...models like the NAM brought the strongest wind while it was still raining heavily.

Peak gusts through 7AM:

PHL 45kts/52 mph

PNE 39kts/45 mph

LOM 28kts/32 mph

VAY 34kts/39 mph

ILG 49kts/56 mph

PTW 38kts/44 mph

DYL 33kts/38 mph

MQS 40kts/46 mph

WRI 44kts/50 mph

TTN 45kts/52 mph

MIV 39kts/45 mph

UKT 30kts/35 mph

ACY 48kts/55 mph

NEL 48kts/55 mph

XLL 34kts/39 mph

MJX 39kts/45 mph

RDG 38kts/44 mph

DOV 45kts/52 mph

ABE 41kts/47 mph

Brandywine Shoal Light in Delaware Bay gusted to 63 kts last evening, might be the highest gust in our CWA. Ship John Shoal Light just gusted to 50 kts, so there is still some wind left.

rain gauge topped overnite at 6", so unable to get a total for the storm

this does not look good however, as my work has a creek running through 2 holes which is a tributary to the perkiomen!

I remember after Floyd, they ran a picture in the local paper of the flag on the 11th hole at the Golden Pheasant Golf Course (which has a tributary of the Rancocas running through it). The water was literally up to the flag on that hole. :(

Wow, I'm in the next township over and we never lost power. Is she in a more rural area?

On your side PPL says 200,000 without power, one of their worst outages ever.

She's about 2-3 miles east of the 70/73 junction.

I'm served by MetEd up here and lost power for about 3 hours last night. Actually really surprised they turned the power back on in the middle of the night. Figured they'd wait until the morning.

Lights are flickering again...

In laws lost power late last night, then heard in the middle of the night there was a murder on the loose near them. guy shot and kill ex wife, her boyfriend, his son and the boyfriends mom in Buckingham. shot Doylestown cop in hand then got away.

Talk about a scary night for them and others in area.

Just talked to my aunt in Marlton, NJ. They're being told no power until September 4.

Holy cow! I live in Marlton (near Traino's) and we had only a flicker the whole storm. My sister is more near Marlton Pkwy and I know they've been dark since last night. I am hoping she has an update on her's will be back on. I am not looking forward to sharing Sept. 4 with her...

Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island, Ocean City, Md all ok. Power only in OC. Don't see any major damage. A few downed trees, lots of downed branches. The Bayside is flooded pretty bad. Many of the streets in South Bethany under water. About 2.5 feet of water on the road in Bethany, but that happens every big storm...

Posting from my cell phone. Have had no power at my house in Spring Mount, PA for almost 2.5 hours. PECO told us they would have someone look at it early this afternoon, so hopefully it won't be off a whole lot longer.

As others have stated, winds have been stronger since the rain stopped this morning than while it was raining. Have seen several branches down in my neighborhood, but no major damage at this point.

Archived