Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Collegeville PA right now (wife is shopping and I'm posting from my phone in a parked car)...steady rain and 75 degrees. Winds not real strong yet.

Don't know if this counts as an observation, but a forklift is being driven around to collect and secure all cart returns. Plus all store windows are taped. Guess they are prepared!

Kind of wish I had traveled home this weekend to experience the 'Cane. It's not often a full-fledged hurricane comes up the coast like this. I remember Floyd in '99 and Ivan in '04, but both were just TS and a lot of rain--I don't remember a ton of wind. Good luck to those riding this one out.

Perhaps eerily I guess my avatar is actually going to be somewhat realistic in the next day or so.

I'm in Collegeville PA right now (wife is shopping and I'm posting from my phone in a parked car)...steady rain and 75 degrees. Winds not real strong yet.

Don't know if this counts as an observation, but a forklift is being driven around to collect and secure all cart returns. Plus all store windows are taped. Guess they are prepared!

Wegmans?

Is it just me or does the radar returns here in PA look like they are drying out as it moves further north?

I was just going to post the same thing. It appears precip falls off quite a bit over the fall line we normally see in winter. That may be the dewpoint discontinuity Mt Holly spoke about in their AFD. Also, Glenn Schwartz just backed our area down to 4-6". The Delaware River watershed is still at 8-12", with up to 15".

Archived