• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

We stay at a B & B in Lewes every October. Hoping she holds without much damage tonight.

Hopefully. My in-laws have a modular home on the south side of Indian River Bay (near Bethany Beach) that they (and I) use as our "summer home" getaway on weekends. Major worries as to how it handles the wind and tidal surge. We'll know within a week.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, the whole Delaware shore region is beautiful.....ironically as I sat on their beaches this summer many times, I said to myself "wow, a tropical system would really kicked the crap out of their shoreline". And, here we are tonight.

going outside at 8:10 to webcast...probably not much to see at this point. But we can check the rain/light wind. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dssbss

What do you believe pressure will be when it gets to Jersey? I'm guessing no more than 960. It should be over water the entire time until second landfall.

Sounds like a fair guess. She's been holding her own. The interaction with the jet streak will help sustain her as well.

Anyone else in the Easton area hearing a strange, rumbling, percussive-type sound? Almost like fireworks? Can't imagine it's thunder. Been going on for 5 minutes now...

LOL. They ARE fireworks. Can just make them out over the treeline to my ENE. Probably in NJ, but can't quite tell. WTF??

Yes was just wondering that. Almost constant distant rumbling that began when the heavy rains began

Must have a heck of a crowd firing them off in a deluge! But then again, it seems I hear them every Saturday night about this time or later.

Anyone else in the Easton area hearing a strange, rumbling, percussive-type sound? Almost like fireworks? Can't imagine it's thunder. Been going on for 5 minutes now...

Archived