Newest Member
    amirah5
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got power back.

Took pics. down at the Perk. Creek in Graterford

2nd highest crest ever!...................................Speechless.

Hope to have them uploaded soon.

grap1_hg.png

Total rain here: 6.64"

I was lucky enough not to lose power. It's a good thing those 9 inch totals didn't come - that creek is so high.

Things in Southern Monmouth have taken a turn for the worse. Winds started cranking up and the scanner began humming with calls for down trees and poles. Power problems are increasing quickly. While typing this the lights have flickered 3 times.

Not sure what the winds during the last hours have been but they are enough to create more of a problem.

Word is power could take 3-5 days.....

I just want to thank Glenn Schwartz for mentioning us on NBC10 as many times as he did last night and this morning. You stayed up all night on the news keeping us informed and I think everyone in the area wants to thank you for that.

what was he saying?

Peak gusts through 8PM:

PHL 45kts/52 mph

PNE 39kts/45 mph

LOM 31kts/36 mph

VAY 41kts/47 mph

ILG 49kts/56 mph

PTW 38kts/44 mph

DYL 33kts/38 mph

MQS 40kts/46 mph

WRI 44kts/50 mph

TTN 45kts/52 mph

MIV 43kts/49 mph

UKT 34kts/39 mph

ACY 50kts/58 mph

NEL 48kts/55 mph

XLL 38kts/44 mph

MJX 41kts/47 mph

RDG 42kts/48 mph

DOV 45kts/52 mph

ABE 46kts/53 mph

Just got power about an hour ago, however my parents in Kennett Square are still out. We just shut their generator off so they could try and get some sleep in peace. Will check on them again in the am before heading to work.

I think all of the mets and weather folks I read on this board did a great job. I tried to remain calm last night while knowing the bands coming in with some lightning were the friction between the water and land as explained as plainly as can be to a commoner like me, and although I kept telling myself it would be unlikely that a tornado touch down anywhere near my location, I still slept downstairs. What a night. Also, rainfall amounts were not off that much at all

Thank you all for the valid information.

I'll take a winter storm anytime over this. Good night Irene

Spent the whole day and night removing the wet contents of my basement flood. Two concrete blocks cracked due to water pressure shooting water in like a garden hose. Sump pump failed to turn back on after a brief power loss around 5 am. Got it working again at about 6am, but damage was done and the whole thing trashed under seven inches of water. My base never seeped of flooded in the 6 years I've been here. Also lost several large tree limbs and lost power again at 5pm todAy. It's back On now. But my 2500 person office in Princeton is close indefanately - no power, so no work tomorrow. A good deal of my town, Freehold was flooded with many houses under several feet of water, one vintage home was split in two by a 100 year old maple tree. Rt 9 still closed in many spots. I've never seen anything come close to this kind of flooding we had here today. Simply unreal.

Great job in this thread over the last few days, guys (and girls?). I found this to be a WAY more valuable resource than the main threads and that speaks to the great contributors we are lucky to have in our area. Glenn is just the icing on the cake...:thumbsup:

Agreed. I think our forum region is underrated. We really don't have many problems wishcasters or mongerers and the red-taggers who chime in are top notch!

:thumbsup:

Archived