• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Irene OBS / Discussion Thread

Guess I'm eating crow for breakfast

well....it is kinda debatable..but who am I to argue with NHC?

btw, do not mean to make light of the situation...got friends, family, coworkers throughout this state dealing with real issues from this thing...if I could give this storm back in a second I would, but the hobbyist in me also appreciates the rarity of this...

Ray...any update on these winds working up from maryland?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channel 10 reporting landfall this morning at Little Egg Inlet. I did not notice the exact time, but it was a few minutes past 6am. Amazed that we are completely dry inside and didn't lose power once. Still a bit to go and we could get some cranking westerlies, but the worst is over.

Looks like the euro will have done pretty well on track, at least through our area...

See above.

The worse is over for the Lehigh Valley...finally.

I sure hope so. The Little Lehigh is approaching Floyd levels and is currently the third highest I've seen it in 14 years. Unless it rains hard for a sustained time, it is difficult to maintain that level indefinitely since it's a small watershed. I expect it to rise to Floyd level barring any unforeseen deluge, which I guess is always possible.

well....it is kinda debatable..but who am I to argue with NHC?

btw, do not mean to make light of the situation...got friends, family, coworkers throughout this state dealing with real issues from this thing...if I could give this storm back in a second I would, but the hobbyist in me also appreciates the rarity of this...

Ray...any update on these winds working up from maryland?

Looking at the mesonet and ASOS obs, it looks like an area of gusts into the high 40s extends from central Delaware, across northeast Maryland and into south-central Pennsylvania. Waiting to see if that translates east. Haven't seen any gusts to 50+ except along the eastern shore of Chesapeake Bay, so that may be an indication that gusts into the 50 mph range are gonna be hard to come by as this moves in... we'll just have to wait and see. Much of northeast Maryland is pretty ob-sparse.

Peak gusts through 7AM:

PHL 45kts/52 mph

PNE 39kts/45 mph

LOM 28kts/32 mph

VAY 34kts/39 mph

ILG 49kts/56 mph

PTW 38kts/44 mph

DYL 33kts/38 mph

MQS 40kts/46 mph

WRI 44kts/50 mph

TTN 45kts/52 mph

MIV 39kts/45 mph

UKT 30kts/35 mph

ACY 48kts/55 mph

NEL 48kts/55 mph

XLL 34kts/39 mph

MJX 39kts/45 mph

RDG 38kts/44 mph

DOV 45kts/52 mph

ABE 41kts/47 mph

Waking up to less rain than expected so far, but still managed to have water into my basement by the front of the house. Also pushed in under my front door. Ugh. Would have preferred a downed tree or two.

Delaware at Easton seems to be rising ahead of forecast, but anyone else thinking it'll start receding ahead of forecast and not crest at 32ft?

Archived