Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hurricane Irene Obs/Discussion Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those rain totals are way off for Delmarva. Wallops Island got 11.25 before their rain gauge quit working. We've had steady rain here in SBY since 3 AM.

it's mostly just to get an idea of the gradient. as with other things it might have more trouble at the edges of the beam.. it is running high at dca

I've noticed how the orientation of the stripe has been slowly changing from running SW-to-NE to now more SSW-to-NNE... matches better with the track of Irene now.

yeah.. the models generally nailed it the past few days. they were all very heavy to the s/e of 95 till about 8p, now it's filling in elsewhere

no. just no. we've been at 15 sustained for a while now and it's not a big deal: http://www.weather.g...story/KMRB.html

5 post time, please.

Thats 45 miles away in martinsburg my dear :) And I said 15-20 at the time anyway? Bands tend to contain higher winds locally through mixing, periods of higher sustained winds intermixed with periods of lower sustained winds (like now). In a tight gradient system why would you use a station with completely different conditions?

What is your deal?

stood out back for 10 minutes, 2 cracks, 5 flashes, 3 booms. power isn't coming back anytime soon. my house is sheltered from n winds to some extent. gusts in the tree tops hitting maybe 40.

I am shocked we haven't lost power here - usually one of the first places to go.

Archived