Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hurricane Irene Obs/Discussion Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am shocked we haven't lost power here - usually one of the first places to go.

I'm in 20853, We've been pretty much sucking for the last 3 years. Feb bliz 3 days, July 2010 2.5 days, and Jan of this year 3 days. My house got down to 38 degrees in Jan and we have a gas fireplace.

Lotsa trees and pole power ftl

I am shocked we haven't lost power here - usually one of the first places to go.

Same here in western Howard County. We usually lose power in garden variety thunderstorms. So far, just some flickering and a 2 second loss of power. Most of the day has been just rainy with occasional brief gusts. The last hour has seen a definite increase in winds. With my luck, the last gust of the storm will knock out my power.

MDstorm

Same here in western Howard County. We usually lose power in garden variety thunderstorms. So far, just some flickering and a 2 second loss of power. Most of the day has been just rainy with occasional brief gusts. The last hour has seen a definite increase in winds. With my luck, the last gust of the storm will knock out my power.

MDstorm

Where in Western HoCo are you? I've had a similar experience power wise in Highland (literally a minute away from Clarksville) -- has flickered at least like 12-14 times, but only gone out to the point of re-starting the computer/TV once (for like 4 seconds).

Where in Western HoCo are you? I've had a similar experience power wise in Highland (literally a minute away from Clarksville) -- has flickered at least like 12-14 times, but only gone out to the point of re-starting the computer/TV once (for like 4 seconds).

I'm in the Howard County side of Woodbine. Lights continue to flicker intermittently, but so far...so good.

MDstorm

i should have gone to bed already because now there is no way im going to bed

Seriously...I told myself i'd take a 30 minute nap from 1:00-1:30, but I failed at that. Maybe I'll try again soon, but tomorrow will be hell either way. After 2/11/06 when I fell asleep and missed thundersnow ,I try to avoid sleeping for extended periods of time during events, ha (fortunately I made up for it by seeing thundersnow during the first Feb Blizz last year)

Have to be up to start my day in about 5 hours, lol

Archived