• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
August Obs.

Psalm 148:8

A hair and nail salon in Charlotte's Southend area had its ceiling cave in on several customers while they were getting their nails and hair done.

The incident happened around 12:30 p.m. at a salon in the Atherton Mills development on South Boulevard. Several women had their hair and nails ruined and the ceiling was destroyed, but no one was hurt.

Oh the humanity.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Newell Road near Independence Point Parkway in Matthews is closed due to the road being flooded, according officer Stason Tyrell. Other flooding is being seen around the Crestdale community and Tank Town road.

Hawthorne Lane just off Central Avenue uptown is completely flooded, according to a report.

NewsChannel 36 received an alert for a flood rescue at Rozzelles Ferry Road and Brookshire Boulevard for a vehicle stuck in high water.

There is also a rescue underway at 1100 Metropolitan Avenue and Freedom Drive and Woodruff.

Here is another list of streets reportedly flooded.

1. 600 block Kennilworth Av

2. Idaho/Brookshire

3. Brookshire/I-85

4. Dalton/Graham

5. Freedom/Camp Green

6. Gesco/State

7. Rozz Ferry/Brookshire

8. Ikea/City Bv

9. Dalton/Tryon

10. 9th/Brevard

11. Craighead/Drury

12. Tryon/Sugar Creek

13. The Plaza/36th St.

14. 900 Block Hawthorn

Are a lot of us in for some storms later today? Looking back into Western TN it appears like a complex is clicking along pretty well. If it holds together we could have some nice rains for much of us SE posters. btw if anyone could PM me instructions on how to have animated radar/satellite loops in my posts I would be in your debt.

The NWS animated gif's can be copied and dropped in here. http://www.daculaweather.com/radar.php On that page on the menu on the left, the first link and all of the lower regional links are NWS gif's

CLT precipitable water value was 2.24 inches for today on the 12z NAM run

Strong moisture convergence occured just east of the Apps this morning helped by strong ne flow off the surface in the Piedmont, and west flow to the southwest, which helped create the meso low near CLT. Now the 2.5" pw are just east of there. Looks like best moisture convergence is in central SC and development is starting there now.

post-38-0-59933100-1312573812.gif

post-38-0-34970700-1312573824.gif

I haven't gotten any measureable rain in 3 weeks. Once again storms have initiated to my south and east today. There is getting really old....

Yesterday it looked like today was your chance (as mine) but the convergence lined up just east of you. GSP even mentiond of anchoring of the heavy rain against the mtns, esp. in NC, but this occurred in the piedmont instead. Unforfuntately, anything that gets going in the upstate will be brief, unorganized and fleeting. The good stuff will be filling in solidly over central SC today . Its just really hard to rain good and for long in the nw corner of SC in this type of flow. There is signs of cyclonic flow near GSP right now, so maybe something could develop, but I'd be skeptical until I saw a really good sign its coming. I think the midlands and sandhills will get into a heavy rain event though. We need a cutoff over GA or Alabama.

Strong moisture convergence occured just east of the Apps this morning helped by strong ne flow off the surface in the Piedmont, and west flow to the southwest, which helped create the meso low near CLT. Now the 2.5" pw are just east of there. Looks like best moisture convergence is in central SC and development is starting there now.

Yesterday it looked like today was your chance (as mine) but the convergence lined up just east of you. GSP even mentiond of anchoring of the heavy rain against the mtns, esp. in NC, but this occurred in the piedmont instead. Unforfuntately, anything that gets going in the upstate will be brief, unorganized and fleeting. The good stuff will be filling in solidly over central SC today . Its just really hard to rain good and for long in the nw corner of SC in this type of flow. There is signs of cyclonic flow near GSP right now, so maybe something could develop, but I'd be skeptical until I saw a really good sign its coming. I think the midlands and sandhills will get into a heavy rain event though. We need a cutoff over GA or Alabama.

Picked up about .09" today so far. Wish all this rain just to the east of us would have set up over our area. Temperature is 79 but it is extremely muggy.

Birds in Havelock? Interesting the the RDU radar also picked up on the disturbance even at higher levels.

you can see a second "wave" near Bfe, NC in this image.

The Purple Martins will give the same effect on CAE's radar especially the end of Aug to mid Sept :thumbsup:

I really feel sorry for you this year. It seems like your area of SC just roasts and roasts.....

You can never catch a break. central SC is just a really hot place in the Summer.

These past few summers have been brutal to say the least. It's sad when I start looking forward to temps in the mid 90's to bring relief from the heat.:(:lol:

Oh the humanity.

:lol:

I haven't gotten any measureable rain in 3 weeks. Once again storms have initiated to my south and east today. There is getting really old....

I feel your pain :hug: I've been watching the storms to my north just stay in one spot, it seems they just don't want to move any closer to me :(

So THAT'S what standing water looks like... :wub:

Here in Columbus, we have tied or set our 3rd record high this week! Throw in one record maximum low temperature and NO rain makes it miserable... It looks like the better rain chances continue to be to our north and west for the next 5 to 7 days. Here's hoping we can get in on some rain action soon! :whistle:

Looks like 96.2°F at 4:49pm was my high for the day with a high heat index of 106.6°F(1:36pm). No rain yet unlike most of you, I'm hoping that either the shortware to our NW that's now entering Georgia and/or the rain to my NE will drift this way later. Dew points are have been dropping for most of the afternoon. http://www.daculaweather.com/dacula_weather_graphs.php. FFC seems to think those NW storms will make it here, we'll see.

So THAT'S what standing water looks like... :wub:

Here in Columbus, we have tied or set our 3rd record high this week! Throw in one record maximum low temperature and NO rain makes it miserable... It looks like the better rain chances continue to be to our north and west for the next 5 to 7 days. Here's hoping we can get in on some rain action soon! :whistle:

I think with the upcoming cool down, GA will do ok. There's been a tendency for MCC to slide much further south and west than progged all Summer, so now that all the model agree on dropping the heights, and pushing the ridging back west/southwest, that would probaly put the Tenn Valley and GA in a pretty good spot at some point next week. Both major global models have several MCC potentials, surely atleast one will work out, in addition to just scattered PM storms (which have been too minimal in the high heat). I think its atleast a smidge of good news , better chances than lately anyway.

Look at the ring of rain that missed northwest SC today. Perfect setup to do that , as first the mesolow and inflow off the Atlantic combined with extra lift over the NC piedmont, then the circulation around end caused downslope over the Upstate, and the incoming new disturbance or outflow caused convergence and rains in central SC and ne GA. The effects of the living downstream of the Apps...its a precip killer many times.

post-38-0-61472900-1312582772.jpg

It's been hot and humid for a while in Franklin, NC and I was glad to see this afternoon look promising for rain. Here is a shot of the storms moving in:

d9fb9593.jpg

The bad news is that the rain went north and south of me, but at least it got cool for a bit.

It's been hot and humid for a while in Franklin, NC and I was glad to see this afternoon look promising for rain. Here is a shot of the storms moving in:

The bad news is that the rain went north and south of me, but at least it got cool for a bit.

I know how you feel ;) Here is GR3's storm est. rainfall around mby :lol:

Just got back from work. Sounds like today's madness with the rain just wouldn't stop for a long while. Even now, despite what radar shows, it's still raining though it's spotty at best. I'm up to 2.29" for today; the most I've seen accumulated in a LONG while. My yard looked like a small pond before I left for work. This ought to help get my grass growing again so that's good news at least. What a soaker this event was. Only made it to 78 for a high but highly welcomed. :)

Archived